Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Taylor Tuom

"And he just kicked you out?" I ask, bewildered.

"Yes," Kaytlin sobs, dabbing her eyes with the already mascara covered tissue.

"Oh my, Kay," I sigh. "You've really gotten yourself into a mess here."

"I know," she miserably cries. "And I knew..." She shakes her head, unable to finish the sentence.

"You knew what?" I ask.

"I knew that it was wrong and completely stupid to do it without protection," she said, "but we were both just so eager and hor-"

"I get it," I interrupt her, not wishing to hear my best friend complete the inevitably too-detailed sentence.

"What do I do?" Kaytlin asks, her tears beginning to dry up.

"Well, first off, you need to see an actual doctor," I state. "Those off-the-shelf tests aren't always accurate."

"Okay." She nods. "I'll make an appointment tomorrow."

"What are you going to do?" I ask. "With Louis, I mean. They're leaving in, like, less than three days."

"I don't know, Taylor," she says, shaking her ginger head. "I just don't know."

/////

Today was the first day of finals. To say I was nervous would be an understatement, but as soon as I took the two I had today (I had two more tomorrow, then one the day after), I knew I'd surely pass all with flying colors.

I had just gotten out of the shower, glad to be in a peaceful apartment. Kaytlin sobbed the entire night and I hardly got any sleep. Today, she had a doctor's appointment. She should've been back by now, but she wasn't and I wasn't sure where she was. I tried not to worry too much, though.

As I'm about to sit down on the couch and relax with an episode of Teen Wolf, there's a knock on the door. I was puzzled, as I had not been expecting any company. I wasn't surprised, though, to see the only other person I really talked to besides Kaytlin on the other side of the door.

"Luke, what are you doing here?" I ask, allowing him to walk inside.

"I just came to see you. I finished up the last bit of interviews today and I figured you already finished class," he says, kicking his Vans off by the door.

We both trek to the living, taking a seat on the couch and cuddling up.

"How were your finals?" Luke asks, wrapping his arm around me.

"Fairly easy," I reply. "I hope the next three are just as simple."

"I'm glad." He smiles, kissing my temple. "And I'm sure you'll do well on all of them."

"How was your day?" I reciprocate, looking up at my blue eyed boyfriend.

Boyfriend. God, that'll never grow old.

"It was okay." Luke shrugs. "Mostly boring. We were asked all the same questions as usual."

"Hmm," I hum in response, diverting my attention to Dylan O'Brien on the telly.

"Hey, Tay?" Luke speaks up after a couple minutes.

"Yeah?" I answer.

"I love you."

My eyes widen. He said it; he said the three words I fear most. I immediately stand up, distancing myself from Luke.

"What?" I ask.

"I love you, Ta-"

"No, I know what you said," I interrupt him. "This is not happening. Luke, I think you should go."

"I'm sorry!" he exclaims, standing up as well. "I didn't-I mean... I thought you might say it back. I thought you might love me back."

"Well... well... I don't!" I scream, pushing his chest so he'd get the hint and leave.

"W-what?" Luke croaks.

"I've known you properly for less than a month!" I screech. "You don't-I don't know what love is. No, Luke."

"Taylor, please," he begs.

"Go, Luke," I say again, closing my eyes as tears began to fall down my cheeks. "Please, just go."

/////

IM SORRY OK DONT HURT ME THIS IS JUST FOR THE PLOT TO FLOW AND FOR THINGS TO PICK UP OK IT HAS TO HAPPEN

THEY WILL BE BACK TOGETHER AND HAPPY SOON I PROMISE

ALSO??? THANKS FOR 1K???? OMG!!1!1!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE HECKA RAD!!!1!!1!!!!

PLS NO HATE

VOTE AND COMMENT