Chapter Twenty-Four

Please check out my Michael fanfic This Year's Love. You will not be disappointed!

Also, thank you for 4K! :)

Chapter Twenty-Four

Taylor Tuom

"Taylor."

My eyes flutter open to the sound of my name being softly spoken. I am staring at a pair of baby blue orbs when my sight adjusts to my surroundings.

"Luke," I whisper, brushing my fingertips across his light stubble (which I really adore, by the way).

"How'd you sleep, beautiful?" he asks, cupping my cheek.

"Okay," I answer, but I slept more than okay in his arms.

"Good."

Luke brushes his lips across mine before catching them. The kiss is short lived; it was chaste and sweet. I hummed against his lips, then pull away.

"What's that smell?" I ask.

"Mum is making waffles," my adoring boyfriend answers.

"Yum."

"You can shower and then meet me downstairs if you want."

"Okay." I nod.

Unwillingly (since I was so comfortable in Luke's arms), I slide off the full sized bed. I rifle through my suitcase, finding appropriate clothes for the Australian weather, then bid Luke goodbye as I enter the bathroom.

/////

"This is so good, Mrs. Hemmings," I state after swallowing my last bite of waffle (topped with strawberries and whipped cream).

"Taylor, dear, call me Liz," Luke's mum says.

"Okay." I grin.

"Mum, me and Taylor are going to do some shopping today," Luke says.

"Okay, hun," Liz says, beginning to clear the table.

"Oh, I can help you," I offer.

"Don't worry yourself, love. I've got it," she assures me.

"You're sure?" I ask.

"Positive. You two go have some fun."

Luke takes my hand and leads me out of the dining room. I slip on my shoes I left by the door yesterday and follow Luke out to his car (well, his mum's actually).

"What are we shopping for?" I ask, buckling myself in.

"Tay," Luke speaks seriously, turning to me.

"What?" My smile falters.

"I feel really strongly about you moving in with me," he states.

"Luke-"

"Your mum obviously can't accept me," he adds. "How are you going to manage living with your parents when they'll always disapprove of your boyfriend?"

"I don't know," I whisper, staring down at my hands.

"I called a real estate agent yesterday to go looking for houses," he says. "Before you get mad, this was before you got into that argument with your mum. I was doing this for myself."

He starts the car, pulling out of the driveway. We began strolling down the street, silence floating between us.

"I want you to move in with me," Luke says again. "Before you object, please just look at these houses with me."

I say nothing, only nodding. I wasn't so sure about moving in with Luke still. We've not been together for that long and I don't want to ruin what we have. I just really hope moving in together won't cause a distruption.

But what's a relationship without unwanted disruptions?

/////

"I find that this room would be great for any future children. The bay window is a good spot to just read and chill," the real estate agent (who introduced herself as Maxine Price) spoke.

Future children? This lady is getting a little over her head.

"I like it," Luke responds. "Tay?"

"Cute." I shrug.

I didn't find it all that special. This is the third house we've looked at and not one of them really caught my eye. But then again, I'm still not over what happened with my mum yesterday. I'm not particularly in the mood for house hunting.

As Maxine shows us the rest of the house, I zone out. Luke kept squeezing my hand to grab my attention, but I really wasn't into it. I'd make simple comments here and there, but nothing else other than that.

It was when we reached the fourth house that my mood had brightened. I wasn't sure if it was the light green siding or the staircase right when you walked in, but I was entranced.

"Wow," I softly say, running my hand over the stair railing.

"You like?" Maxine asks.

I nod my head, speechless. My initial plan was to just go look at these houses with Luke to make him happy, not fall in love with one. Then again, I never intended to fall in love with Luke either.

"Babe," Luke says.

I whip around and he's gesturing for me to follow him and Maxine. We enter the next room, a nice dining area lays before us.

"Luke." I tug at his arm.

"What?"

I grin up at him. "It's a keeper."

His eyes twinkle. "Let's see the rest of the house, yeah?"

//////

http://c1964192.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/3yd-CTARSC-1410593_md.jpg

That's what I imagine the house to loo like.

So basically Taylor didn't intend to fall for this house, but she does. Luke is just so convincing with his quiff (higher than my grades) and bright blue eyes. Zayum bb

Anyway, I hope you liked it!

Vote and comment!