Chapter Twenty-Eight

Juno and Paulie are the costume of what Taylor and Luke goes as!

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Taylor Tuom

Some Time in the Future

"If this isn't a sign, I don't know what is," Luke says, wrapping his arms around my fake pregnant belly.

"They'd be pretty dumb not to realize," I agree, turning around in Luke's arms.

Tonight is the Halloween party that Ashton and his fiancée, Reagan, are hosting in their new house. Our costumes were that of Juno MacGuff and Paulie Bleeker. We chose the incredulous costumes for obvious reasons (and if they aren't obvious right now, they will be by the end of the night).

"Ready, babe?" Luke asks, slipping his hand into mine.

The cool metal of his ring (not a promise ring, but not an engagement ring) touches my finger, causing a smile to form on my face. We weren't married, no, but we both believe that you don't need a certificate to prove you love. Although, in the future some time, we will hopefully wed. Not now, though. We have other things to deal with before marriage if you haven't noticed.

"Yeah." I nod, grabbing my phone from the charger.

//////

"Aw, this is cute," Reagan squeals, touching my fake stomach. "If none of them get the hint, then I will seriously punch them all."

Reagan is American and younger than Ashton. It's cute, though, their relationship. She's about 5 years younger than him, but they've been married for nearly a year. Since Kaytlin lives in the UK, Reagan and I have gotten very close. Kaytlin will always be my best friend, though. Forever and always.

The reason that Reagan knows I'm pregnant is because she's the one who forced me to go find out. I told her I'd been experiencing common pregnancy symptoms. And, as predicted, I am expecting child. Again.

"Hey, everyone. We brought chocolate pie," I announce, the pie pan in my hand.

"Woah, did you suddenly gain a hundred pounds?" Michael teases.

I roll my eyes. "Ha-ha, very funny."

"No, seriously, though," Michael says. "This pie looks delicious."

He takes the pie from my hands, and then his girlfriend (Kora) proceeds to pry it from his hands because he begins to pull the ceramic wrap off of it.

"Come to the kitchen with us?" Kora asks, gesturing to herself and the other girls in the room (which was just Reagan and Leah, Calum's girlfriend).

I follow them to the kitchen and my mouth drops when I enter the room. Standing beside a high chair (which is filled by a baby) is my best friend for life, Kaytlin.

"What are you doing here, you shithead?" I ask, walking speedily towards her.

"I couldn't miss my best friend and her special news." She winks.

"How did you...?"

"Luke told me," she whispers.

"That ass," I sneer. "But look at this little guy," I then coo.

I grab Nolan from his high chair as he giggles, fisting his hands in my shirt. The fake pregnant belly sort of makes things difficult, but I situate the six month old baby on my hip.

"How you doing, buddy?" I coddle.

"Ga," Nolan says.

"Is Louis here?" I ask Kaytlin.