Chapter Twenty

Thank you so much for 2K! Also, I'm like 20 away from 1K votes in total (of all my fanfics), so if you could make that happen that'd be so awesome!!

Anyway, here's Chapter Twenty.

Chapter Twenty

Taylor Tuom

It's been a day since the scene at the airport. Since then, I've given Luke his picture I created (a pastel chalk portrait of the Space Needle surrounded by a night sky, then a couple standing on the ground to represent Luke and I on our date to the Space Needle). I also made up the finals I missed yesterday, including the one I had today.

W!e'd just been lounging around all day when Luke came up with the brilliant idea to go out and eat. I wasn't too fond of the plan at first since (unknown by Luke) I'd just started my period and it was snowing out. Nonetheless, I agreed to his ingenious dinner plans.

"Taylor!" Luke calls from somewhere in my apartment.

"What?" I holler back, putting down the mascara I previously thought of putting on (I decided against it because I really do not care to wear makeup today).

"Kaytlin just called your phone and said that she picked up an extra shift at her job," he says, suddenly at my bedroom door as opposed to across the apartment.

"Oh." I frown, hoping she isn't stressing and working too hard because that's not good on the baby.

"Are you ready?" he asks.

I nod, watching him from behind me in the mirror. "Is what I'm wearing alright?" I wonder.

"Perfect." He smiles. "Let's go. I'm starving."

I grab my satchel, throwing my apartment keys and phone into it. Since Luke returned his rental the previous day, we were left to take my car. The problem with that is Kaytlin took my car to work. So now we have to walk in the snow.

Luke slips his fingers through mine, pulling me gently beside him to the front door. I lock it up behind me, then follow Luke down the steps.

"You alright?" he asks, looking back at me as we exit the second door.

"Hmm?" I question, looking up at him. "Yeah, just not feeling very well."

"Do you want to just stay home?" he questions.

"No, I'll be fine," I respond, slipping my other hand into my coat pocket.

"I love Christmas," Luke says as we're walking down the busy street.

Apparently, we weren't the only ones walking the snowy streets of Seattle tonight. A lot of other people in the city obviously found it to be a fond idea.

"Yeah?" I reply, looking up at him through mascara-less eyelashes.

He nods. "Especially since I'm spending part of it with you this year."

Luke pulls me close into his body, wrapping his arm around my waist instead of our fingers being intertwined. I lean into him as we walk down the street. In no time, we are at Chino's, an Italian restaurant I've gone to many times in the past two years since it's so close to the apartment.

"I wanted to ask you something," Luke says after we're seated and our drink orders are taken.

"What's that?" I ask, looking over the menu. I like to try something new every time I come here.

"Are you ever going to move back?"

My hands freeze from turning the menu over. I look up at Luke, nearly speechless.

"Back home," he clarifies. "Are you going to stay in Seattle your entire life?"

"I don't know." I shrug. "I'll just have to see where the road takes me."

"Let me rephrase all that," Luke says.

I raise an eyebrow, waiting for him to go on.

"I want you to come back to Australia with me," Luke states. "Like, to live with me."

"You live with your mum, Luke," I chuckle.

"I'm planning on buying a house, though," he replies. "I want us to be together and live together."

"Luke," I sigh, closing the menu, "let's not do this right now."

He purses his lips, but keeps his mouth shut nonetheless. I feel bad for putting him off like that, but we haven't been dating very long. Besides that, I have school here in Seattle and a great internship. I wasn't going to just jump on the next flight back to Australia to live with my boyfriend (who hasn't even been that for very long).

"Your drinks," the waitress who seated us says. "Are you ready to order?"

Luke and I both order a vegetarian lasagna with garlic bread, feeling bold enough to try the vegetarian dish. The silence became unbearable once the waitress left again.

"I'm sorry if that was too pushy or forward," Luke apologizes.

"It's not like that, Luke," I say, then I go on to explain to him that I have school, an internship, and a job here.

"I won't push it," he says, "but I just want you to know that I can give you everything you'll ever want and need if you move in with me back home."

"I know," is all I say.

He's right, really, but it's not realistic. I can't just pick up everything and leave. Not after all the hard work I've put into everything these past two years.

I love Luke, don't get me wrong, but I have to do what I feel is best for myself. Staying in Seattle is what's best, regardless if I feel at home with Luke.

After we finished eating in silence, having only said few words to each other throughout the meal, we head back to the apartment. My mind is filled with everything that Luke brought up back at Chino's and I can't help the nagging feeling that's pushing me towards home.

I can't, though. I have school.

Yeah, but can you really afford another three years?

The internship is such a great opportunity for me, though.

But you can't even get along with some of the people you work with. And since when was editing your dream?

But I'm a waitress.

Since when has then been such a priority in your life?

I fall asleep that night in Luke's arms, weighing the pros and cons of Seattle and Sydney. By time I fall asleep, I've made my decision.

//////

Okay, so I wanted to give you guys a little something. I know it sucked, but I have writers block so ah well.

School has just started and I already wish it was over again. Junior year already sucks bc literally no classes with my friends whatsoever.

Anyway, I turn 17 tomorrow so holla! 😁😁😁

Okay, byeeee.

VOTE AND COMMENT PLS