Chapter Six

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END. PLEASE READ!

///////

Chapter Six

Taylor Tuom

It's been almost a week since the night Luke kissed me and, oddly enough, the last time we seen each other. We've been texting constantly in the past six days, but he's been busy working on interviews for magazines and radio channels here and there.

Today, though, Kaytlin and I are going over to their place to watch the football game and celebrate Thanksgiving (although we are Australian). Ashton was evidently grilling, while Calum posed as woman - Luke's words, definitely not mine - in the kitchen and made side dishes. It wasn't technically a traditional Thanksgiving meal, but I wasn't going to complain about free food. And besides that, Michael couldn't cook worth of shit and I already knew from Luke himself that he couldn't.

Kaytlin was hesitant to come at first, claiming she couldn't handle meeting any more celebrities this week. I meant to ask her what she meant by that, but she scurried off to answer her ringing phone before I even could.

"Kaytlin, you ready?" I shout down the hall, pulling my satchel across my chest and letting it rest on my left hip.

"Coming!" she yells back down the hall.

I grab my keys off the countertop, opening the door as Kaytlin pads down the hallway. She has her ginger hair in a fishtail braid, minimal make-up on, and a cute romper adorning her thin figure. She hardly ever dressed for the weather, so that's why I made her borrow my favorite petticoat.

I was wearing a casual green top under a jacket. A pair of skinny jeans hugged my hips and my feet were adorned by brown ankle boots. The outfit was overall simple, a look I was very good at pulling off, as I didn't like dressing up much.

Kaytlin and I made our way down to the lobby by the stairs, claiming our legs needed the exercise. It wasn't as much of a work out going down as it was going up.

On the car ride to Luke's we listened to the latest Katy Perry single, singing along and being goofy. It was short lived, unfortunately, because we arrived at Luke's no longer than six minutes later. I noted to set up a day to hang out with just Kaytlin. We've both just been so busy lately, it was so hard to make plans.

I knocked on Luke's door twice, stepping back a bit before it opened. To my surprise, a pretty girl with brunette hair opened the door.

"Oh, hi," I said, and I prayed to God she wasn't Luke's girlfriend. She was definitely pretty enough to be.

"Hey, come in," she said, opening the door wider with a smile.

Kaytlin and I stepped in, slipping our jackets off when the blonde girl asked if she could take them. We thanked her, then followed her to the living room soon after.

"Luke has been talking about you all day," the blonde girl chuckled. "He has such a huge crush on you."

Okay, so not his girlfriend. "Oh?" I laugh along.

"I'm Leah," the blonde girl introduces, "Calum's girlfriend."

"Oh!" I pipe up. "I think Luke said something about Calum having a girlfriend. It's nice to meet you." Or maybe it was Calum who said that to me himself. I couldn't recall who.

"You, too." She smiles.

"I'm Taylor and this is Kaytlin," I also introduce.

"I love your romper," Leah addresses Kaytlin.