Chapter Seven

Hey, so in the last chapter I accidentally put Niall as Kaytlin's love interest instead of Louis. I went back and edited it, though, just so you know.

Taylor's outfit in the external link thing!

Chapter Seven

Taylor Tuom

"Kaytlin, you okay?" I ask.

She looks up at me. "I've been lying to you and avoiding your questions for a reason, Taylor," she regretfully speaks.

"What are you talking about?"

"The person I've been meeting with," she says, "his name is Louis and he's standing about ten feet from us talking to Luke."

Oh, no fucking way.

///////

"That's how I know her," Luke whispers in my ear as we observe Kaytlin and Niall flirting on the arm chair (she was perched on his lap).

"What?" I whip my head around to look at Luke.

"Kaytlin," he says again, "I know her through Niall. He was telling us about some bird he was shagging and showed us a picture of her."

My eyebrows furrowed together. "That's how he said it?" I ask, defensively. "Shagging?"

"Well, he said dating, but you'd be an idiot not to notice the crimson color of his cheeks when Harry brought up sex," Luke answers.

"Oh."

Luke is about to say something else, but Michael enters the room just then with a suitcase behind him. He'd told everyone his plan after the game and dinner (the plan being that he was going to Missouri, where Kora was visiting her family, and confess that he was still in love with her and lost without her). All of the boys (and Leah) were as supportive of him as I was earlier when he'd told me his story.

"My taxi is here," Michael announces.

I stand up to hug the boy I was best friends with in our adolescence, wishing him good luck on his way to mid-west America. Everyone hugged him after that, even Kaytlin and the One Direction members, giving him their best wishes.

"Go get her," I tell Michael with a smile, giving him a comforting pat on his shoulder.

I sat back in my previous seat on the couch beside Luke. He'd sat down soon after me, putting his arm around my shoulder. Everyone took their seats again and we all looked around awkwardly.

"So, Taylor," Harry spoke up, "you're from Australia?"

"Born and raised," I reply.

"Why the move to Seattle, Washington, then?" Liam wonders.

"Change of scenary," I answer, although only Kaytlin, my family, and I know the entire truth of why I moved to the States (and Michael knew a bit of the reason).

"And how did you and Luke start dating?" Harry asks.

"Oh, um, we aren't dating," I chuckle. "We're just good friends."

I looked over at Luke, who wears a hurt expression on his face. He soon masks it with a smile once he notices me looking.

"You're single?" Harry asks another question.