Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Taylor Tuom

"But why do you have to study?" Luke groans.

"Because, Luke," I say, "I need good grades in order to graduate college and get a good job afterwards."

He lets out a string of grunts, complaining profoundly. He was sat behind me, while I was in between his legs on the floor. Every now and then he'd play with my hair, but other than that, he was watching a music video countdown on MTV.

"What are you studying right now?" Luke asks.

"Psychology," I reply, pushing my eyeglasses up on my face.

"What's that?"

"Seriously?" I ask, looking up at him in disbelief.

He only shrugs, then averts his attention to the new music video OneRepublic had out. I then lead on to explain to him exactly what psychology was and why I decided to take the class, since he seemed so obviously enthralled by my studies (sarcasm, truly).

"I want to take you out tonight," Luke speaks out of nowhere.

"I don't know, Luke," I sigh, clicking on a Wikipedia link based on the subject I was writing my essay on.

"Taylor," he whines. "I just want to do something nice for my girl."

"Finals are coming up this week and I don't have time to go out," I remind him. "I need to study."

"Yeah, but I leave in three days," he replies bitterly, standing up from the couch and angrily stomping down the hall to, what I assume, my bedroom.

"Luke!" I yell, saving my work and shutting down my laptop. "I didn't mean to make you upset!" I add.

I trail down the hall, opening the closed door to my bedroom. Inside, Luke is staring at the photo of Axl and I that I kept on my bedside table.

"I'm sorry," I sigh, sitting next to him on the bed. "I forgot I can't keep you here forever."

"It's okay," he mutters in return, tracing his thumb over the outline of Axl in the photo.

I rest my chin on his shoulder, wrapping both my arms around his waist. "Luke," I whisper into his ear.

"Hmm?" he hums in response.

"I would love to go out tonight if you still want to take me," I say.

He sets the frame back in it's place, then turns to me. He lays back and pulls me on him, staring up at me with his hypnotic blue eyes.

"Tay, you're my girl and I want to do something really nice with you before I leave," he explains, brushing his thumb over my cheek.

"What did you have in mind?" I ask.

"You know that really tall building?" he asks. "It's got a restaurant on top."

"The Space Needle," I name.

"Yeah." He nods. "Harry got you and I reservations. I'm not nearly as famous as him, which is why I couldn't get the reservations myself, but we have some at seven tonight."

"Oh, Luke," I sigh with contempt. "That sounds lovely. I'm so sorry for being ungrateful before."

"I understand, baby," Luke says. "Uni is very important also."

I lean down and place my lips on his, surprising Luke at first. He reacts quickly, though, molding his lips perfectly into mine.

"I guess I should go shower," I say, pulling away from the sweet kiss.