One

Content in this book may be unsettling or inappropriate for some readers.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I wake to darkness, an unsettlinng blanket of black strewn over me. It bothered me. It enveloped me and suffocated me and compromised my sight. Shifting to one side, I squint to look at my surroundings but I recognise little. Tall shadows loom over me, still. My eyes refuse to adjust and I sit up in a panic. 

Where was I? 

From far away, at the other side of the room, there are several bangs and creaks. I realise a door is being opened and someone is coming in. The room was bigger than I had aniticipated, the sound of footsteps was metres away. 

Squirming out from the thin blanket that had been placed over me, I scurry away from my place on the floor. This pursuant knew where I was, they were making their way towards me. A small light is cast over the room as they get closer. Shadows dance around as they move their flashlight around. 

Bookshelves lined the room, rows and rows of them. Hiding behind one, I train my gae on the small mound of pillows and blankets where I had just woken up, waiting for this person to make an appearance. They move slowly, hesitantly and my body becomes more rigid with every step. 

As silently as I can, I move to crouch behind another bookshelf, closer. 

Finally, a bright light materialises and is strewn over the spot and I jump from my hiding place and ambush them. There are grunts of effort and pain from both of us as they push me form their back. I am thrown onto the floor, rolling along before I can struggle to my feet. They approach mea nd I waste absoltely no time striking them across the face as hard as I can. 

I pause as they stumble backwards into a desk, realising in an instant where I am. It was a library, shelves of books and desks littered the room. It was the library at my school. But why was I at school in the middle of the night? 

I glance up and gasp as Noah gives me a serious look, clutching his jaw and tutting in pain.In a minute, I am by his side, nursing the wound I had just given him. What was Noah doing here? 

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know- I- I was scared, I'm so sorry." I rush out, guilty.

He places ahand gingerly on my shoulder and musters as much of a smile as he can, "It's alright Ophelia, I know, I shouldn't have been sneaking up on you in the dark, learnt my lesson now, tell you that," he mumbles.

I can't find it in myself to smile yet. I was so confused and lost, I had no memeory of coming here, being here, no idea how I ended up here. My confusion bubbles over, "Why am I here? Where is Becky? What time is it? Why are you here? Noah, please," I plead, feeling the panic gripping at my chest. 

He squeezes my shoulder and the smile drops from his face, "I- its a long story. You don't remember?" 

I raise my eyebrows at him and shake my head. 

"What is the last thing you recall?" He asks, and I sense the growing worry in his tone. 

I squeeze my eyes closed, "Walking home... I was walking home from school with you," I reply. 

He nods knowingly. "Yeah.. that was the afternoon everything happened."

"What happened?" I demand, sick of being oblivious and confused.

"That was the day everything happened. It was all chaos, that was when it all broke out."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Note : Any text written in bold text is a note from the author and has no impact upon the storyline.

I know this was a short first chapter. But I wanted to give a small taste of the story to come. Most chapters will be longer than this.

Please vote and comment this is my first story so I'm still getting used to stuff and would definitely appreciate the encouragement

435 words