Chapter 10

Abigail's P.O.V  

     The whole way, to wherever we were heading, was awkward. Lex was driving now because Daniel was sleepy and Gabriel and I were in the back, not talking, not even touching. Johnny, Jake, and Emma were ahead of us, driving, because apparently they knew a good place to stay.

     It's been a full day since I felt home, ran into Johnny, and met Liam's pack. And since Gabriel had told me his...secret. We stopped only to eat, use the restrooms, or anything else we had to do.

    Right now I figure we were out of state. I didn't know what direction we were headed. The only reason I knew we were out of Minnesota was because we passes the state's sign. And I haven't seen another sign from another state. So right now, I was clueless to where we where.

   It was close to seven- thirty when we stopped in front of a gas station. Both cars needed gas and I, especially, needed something to eat. Daniel was in the front-seat, sleeping, and Lexi woke him up with a kiss. He smiled and got out of the car to pump gas into the car. Lex got out, too, and when to stand next to Daniel. In the other car, Jake was stretching, Johnny was headed to the store, and Emma was filling the car with gas.  I unbuckle my seat belt and got out, and Gabriel quickly followed me to the store.

   Johnny had a hand-full of chips, candy, cookies, sodas, and other snacks when I got inside the store.

                                          "See your appetite hasn't change over the years." I said, smiling.

    Johnny put all the snacks on the counter where a guy with a green shirt, black hair, and a skinny looking body started to put things in bags and push in some numbers in the cashier.

                                         "Their not all for me. Jake has an even bigger appetite than I do. And Emma, well she eats anything that has chocolate," Johnny said, taking out same cash and giving to the guy, "Like you use too.'' He finished

   I smile and headed over to the candy section. I started to get some hersey's and kit-kats when Gabriel came besides me.

                                            "When are you going to talk to me?" He asked

  I grabbed a pack of chips and looked at him, "About what?" I said and grab something for Alexia, too.

                                            "About what i said back in the woods." He said following me to the counter.

  I paid and walked out of the store. Alexia and Daniel were in full conversation with Jake and Emma. Johnny was of to the side, leaning against the Volvo. I stopped and faced Gabriel, who almost walked into me.

                                           "Fine. What about that?" I said.

                                           "I did it because I was new to the pack and their ways. Liam said that if I wanted their trust then I had to do what he said. And to prove I would be trusted he asked me to hunt humans. Usually, kids. Some turned, some didn't. After a while, it didn't feel right. I didn't like doing it. Not that I liked it at first, either." He said, quickly after seeing my expression.

                                            "So...you hunted kids because Liam said to?" I asked, he nodded. "Why didn't you just tell me?"

                                           "I wanted to tell you. But I...couldn't." He said and put his hands in his pockets.

                                           "So instead you lied?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

     He nodded again.

     I glances up at him. I wouldn't stay mad at him. How could I? We were linked together. I loved him more than anything and I knew he felt the same way I did. So instead of arguing about something that happened a long time ago, I decided to let it past. Besides, wasn't I the one who said that whatever happens in the past, stays in the past. That it didn't matter.

    I stepped closer to him and wraped my arms around his waist. He was surprise at first, but then he did the same.

                                       "Let's just forget about it. I can't stay mad at you because I love you too much." I said and pulled him into a kiss.

   I felt a smile crept on his lips as he kissed me. The kiss was full of love and passion, I wouldn't get enough of it.

   We pulled apart and he walked next to me, with a hand on my waist, to the cars. I gave Daniel the bag of chips, which he took happily, and I gave Alexia the chocolate brownie.

    After some talking about where we were staying the night, we all got into our cars. Daniel drove and Alexia slept for the ride. Gabriel and I got on the back seat with me resting against his chest.

  In the other car, I would see Jake driving, Johnny in the front seat, and Emma in the back eating some chocolate cookies. They drove off with Daniel following them. 

  I made myself comfortable in the back seat, knowing I would fall asleep soon. Gabriel kissed my head before he went to sleep, too.

*That's all for today, guys. Hope you enjoyed it. :)*