Chapter 12

Gabriel P.O.V

     I woke up well before dawn, for some weird reason. Abigail was asleep next to me with the covers reaching up to her waist, her bare back mostly covers by her curly hair. Her left hand was dangling from the bed and her right hand was covering the side of her body. I didn't want to wake her up, so I got out of bed as quietly as I could. 

    I was coming out of the bathroom when Abigail started to wake up. I climbed back in bed with her and kissed her bare back. I saw a smile appeared on her lips. 

                                             "Good morning, beautiful." I said, as her eyes slowly open. 

  She blinked a couple of times before fully opening her eyes. She turn around to face me, pulling the sheets to cover her body, and smiled up at me. 

                                           "Good morning." She said touching my cheek. 

                                          "Had a good sleep?" I asked her bringing her closer to me.

                                         "Yes, I did." She said, and got out of bed, taking all the covers with her. 

                                        "Way to take the covers with you." I called after her. 

 She wrapped herself in the covers and walked over to the little kitchen. She got a glass of water, then open up the curtains letting the sunrise in. I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her waist. 

                                      "Want to take a shower?" She asked. 

  She turned around, with one hand holding the covers and the other hand coming around my neck she pecked my lips. 

  We took a shower together and got dress. While she was getting dress, with her tight jeans and white long-sleeve shirt, I wouldn't help, but think of last night. I mean it didn't last long, but I enjoyed it and so did she. I stopped because I didn't want to get too out of control and end up hurting her. My wolf can get too crazy when he sees Abby naked. Last night, It was great and I wouldn't change anything that happened. 

  Shortly after we shower and got dressed, we headed over to meet Daniel and Alexia outside the front entrances. We found them all there, expect Jake. They were in full conversation when we approached. 

                                    "But we have to tell them. Otherwise, who knows what he'll do." Johnny was saying to Daniel. 

                                   "Tell who what?" I asked, looking at Daniel. 

Johnny and Daniel both exchange a meaningful look. They shrugged and Daniel leaded me over to the side, away from the others. 

                                  "Johnny's dad is looking for Abigail. Apparently, her dad called him and told him what had happened the night she left." Daniel said in a rush. 

                                 "So what's the problem?" I asked. 

                                "The problem is that Mr. Owens ran into Liam's pack and you know Liam, he told Owens that he saw Abigail with his son and three other wolves." Daniel said.

                                "So what now? We tell Abigail that Johnny's dad is after her and hope for the best that Mr. Owens doesn't track us down." Which reminded me of something, "And where exactly is Johnny leading us to?" 

 We were headed Southwest, but Johnny hadn't said where and when we were going to get wherever he was taking us. I was just hoping it wasn't a trap to lured Abigail to her parents or whatever. 

 I still didn't trust Johnny even if he didn't kill me the first night we meet. He always seem on edge, but then again, I wouldn't blame him. Anyways, Daniel and I headed back to the others once we decided to tell Abigail what was going on. But there was one more problem we had to worry about. 

 Abigail's picture was been shown on television, her name and description was said on the radio, and every stop we made in a little town, there was either a picture posted on a pole or on a popular store window of Abby. We had to be careful went we stopped at dinners or stopped for some rest. 

                                                                  ******************

  It had been four days and we were finally at our destination, which was Madison, South Dakota. Johnny's grandfather had a house , which he happily let us stay at, according to Johnny. 

  What Johnny didn't mention was the it was not just a typical house, it was a three story house with porches around the house. It almost looked like a mini-castle with its tower section on either side of the house. It had two chimneys and it needed a paint job because the color had cracked in a few places. Other from the fact that it was close to a lake and some woods, the house looked creepy looking. Like something you would expect to see in an old scary movie. 

  Johnny's grandfather, whose name I have yet to remember, was a middle-age man with some gray hair, some wrinkles, and a friendly-smile that never left his face. He was well build for a man his age. He wasn't like Mrs.Owens, he wasn't part of hunting werewolves. That was one reason Johhn'y dad never came to visit or,  in our case, would not come looking for us here. 

  The inside of the house was decorated with old victorian furniture. I was taking a sit next to Abigail, when Johnny's grandfather begin talking. 

                            "Well, would you look at this," Grandpa said, looking at Abby and I, "I thought I would never see the day when a human and a werewolf would be together. In peace without trying to kill each other. " 

                          "Um...thank you, sir. " I said, taking Abby's hand and smiling at her. 

                         "Call me Howard, please." He said, extending his hand towards me. 

                         "I'm Gabriel and this is Abigail, Alexia, and Daniel." I said, nodding towards the people closest to me. 

                         "Hello, Howard." Daniel said, shaking hands with the old man. 

                         "Sup?" Alexia said, with a smile on her face. 

                         "Hi, grandpa." Abigail said, hugging the old man. 

                        "Hi, sweetie pie." Howard said, kissing Abby's cheek. 

                       "Grandpa, this is Jake and Emma." Johnny said, introducing his friends. 

     Howard said hello to Emma and Jake. Then he he started talking about how long it had being since anyone visit him and how glad he was to have the opportunity to see Abigail again. Then he started talking about how his son, Johnny's dad, distance away from him because Howard didn't want to continue with the family ' business'. 

   After hours of getting to know each of us, Howard showed us around the house. The backyard where their was a guest house, the basement where he keep his tools and hunting gear. He showed us the rooms on the second floor and the attic. When we finished our little tour in was past dinner time, and Emma and Abigail volunteer to help make dinner with Howard. While Daniel, Lexi, and I decided to go for a run around the woods and the lake. Jake and Johnny were going to take their hunting gear to the basement with Howard's. 

                             "I'll be back soon." I told Abby before I left, "Don't wait up for me." 

                            "Okay," She said, pecking my lips, "Love you." 

                           "And I love you, too." I said and peck her lips one last time before Daniel pulled me away. 

* Sorry, I took so long to update my story. I was having.... difficulties with my computer. But I hope you enjoyed it. *