Chapter 13:

Abigail's P.O.V

                                   "I'll be back soon" Gabriel said before leaving, "Don't wait up for me."

                                   "Okay,"I said, pecking his lips, "Love you"

                                    "And I love you too." He said, kissing me before Daniel pulled him away. 

  Emma and I started to help Johnny's grandfather cook dinner, while Gabriel, Alexia, and Daniel went for a run and Jake and Johnny were in the basement. Howard was doing more talking then he was cooking. But I didn't mind and neither did Emma.  

    Howard treated me as his own granddaughter, even though I wasn't related to his family. But I had grown use to calling him "grandpa" because my own grandfather had died when I was 5 years-old and Howard was the closest thing to a grandfather. Since Johnny and I were best friend when we were little I got use to seeing Howard in my childhood. 

                                   "Little Abigail has grown up already." Howard was saying, "How are things with Johnny?" 

    I didn't know what he meant, "I hadn't seen him for a while. He's changed." I tell him, cutting an onion.

     We were making Mexican Tacos. I was cutting the onions, tomatoes, lettuces, and Emma was cooking the beef. We actually made a pretty good team. She moved one way and I moved the other way trying to not bump into each other. It was a sync we had already. 

                                 "He's all grown up, too," Howard said, "I remember how you made him play dolls with you and he would made you eat hot peppers. How you use to play wedding-" 

                                     "Okay, granddad. That's enough." Johnny said, walking in the kitchen with Jake. 

                                  "Where're the wolves?" Jake asked reaching out to take some beef from the pan, but Emma smacked his hand away. 

                                         "They went for a run before dinner." Emma said, putting the beef into a bowl. 

                                         "You boys picked your bedrooms, yet?" Howard asked the guys. 

 Jake and Johnny said no, Howard pushed them out of the kitchen and towards the stairs leading up to the second floor. 

                                         "Johnny and you played wedding?" Emma asked after a long silence. 

                                         "We were six, I think. " I admitted. 

   Just then Gabriel, Daniel, and Alexia entered the kitchen from the back room. Daniel and Lexi said hey and then when upstairs to take a shower. Gabriel kissed my cheek and wrapped his arms around my waist. 

                                        "Dinner is in 10 minutes, go shower." I told him, trying to get him off. 

                                       "Come take a shower with me?" He asked, kissing my neck. 

                                       "Gabriel..." I said, "Stop it!" I said laughing and pushing him off. 

     He bumped into Johnny, who was entering the kitchen. "Sorry, man." Gabe told Johnny, "I'm going to get you  for that , Abby." Gabriel said, kissing my lips and heading up stairs. 

                                                                   **************************

                                          "Grandfather, I think that's enough." Johnny said, across the table laughing. 

    We were all eating dinner and Howard was telling us about when Johny and I were little kids. We used to play house; Johnny being the dad, I the mother, and one of my dolls our daughter. We also used to have sleep-overs, usually at my house in the watchful eye of my father. We were close, but then Johnny went away and I never heard from him again. Until now. 

                                       "You kids use to get the baby powder and play with it, covering yourselves with it. I remember once you were playing in Johnny's father bedroom with that thing. You were a mess, covered in powder, all white, ghost-like looking when my son came in and yelled at you two." Howard said laughing so hard, I was afraid he would choke on the taco he was chewing.

     I remember that day. Johnny's dad was angry because his bed was covered in powder. He scared me because as a little kid I thought his head was going to fall off because of how red he was turning. I wonder if Howard remembers the day Johnny kissed me when we were ten years old. 

                                      "How come you never told me about any of this?"  Gabriel whispear close to my left ear. 

                                         "I didn't think it matter after I was with you." I whisper back, without looking at him. 

      Gabriel was going to said something else, but Howard was talking again. 

                                      "W-when you kids were ten, he-" Howard began pointing at Johnny," he kissed you. Out of nowhere!" Howard said out loud. 

        Emma looked at Johnny then at me, Alexia and Daniel were trying to hold back some grins. I felt Gabriel shift awakardly next to me. Everyone was silences for a while before Emma started picking up the empty dishes. 

                                         "Well, thank you girls for the great meal." Howard said to both Emma and I," This old man needs some shut-eye. Good night, eveyone" And he heading down the hall to his bedroom. 

   After Emma and I finished cleaning the dishes, she headed off to bed followed by Jake. I was felt in the kitchen finishing drying a dish. Daniel and Alexia were on the porch, cuddling together and laughing. They looked so happy, I was glad for my best friend that she had found  someone that understood her. Johnny and Gabriel were in the living room, talking about what should be the next plan if Johnny's father came here and found us. 

    I was headed upstairs to get ready for bed when a noise for the open basement door caught my attention. I looked at Johnny and Gabriel who were in full conversation and then out to the porch where Daniel and Alexia were enjoying themselves; I didn't want to disturber none of them.

   I opened the basement door a little more and looked into the darkness.. I wouldn't make out anything down there, when I tried the light switch it didn't work. I know I shouldn't be going down to a dark basement  without a flashlight, but I wanted to see what was making the noise. So I slowly made my way down the stairs, tracing my hand on the wall and the other on the railing. 

                                    Abby? Where are you?- Gabriel said after I was the whole way down the stairs. 

                                        In the basement.- I told him, looking around the room

    He didn't reply again, so I thought he was making his way to the basement  right now.  It was dark, I wouldn't quit made out anything down there. I started to walk, taking little steps forward. I didn't hear anything anymore. 

                                      "Abigail, are you still here?" I heared Gabriel's voice call for the door.

     I was about to answer when I felt something move beside me. I turned to look and what I saw wasn't what I was expecting to find. 

***I know I took so much time to update. I was out of the country and I lost most of my writing, but i will update more often. I hope you like this chapter.***