Chapter 18: Capture

**ABBY"S P.O.V**

"You're lost, aren't you?" Gabriel asked after we had once again gone in a circle and ended up in the same place we had started.

I was lost. I thought I would remember how to get to the abandoned cabin on the edge of town. It's been a while since I came to spent the weekend with Howard and my family. I knew I was in the right place to start, but I wouldn't remember which way to keep going. We've tried right, left, and going straight. The only or trail was one that you would barely see.

"Let's try this one." I said pointing to the one the had a sign that read 'RED-DEVIL' in black big letters.

Gabriel didn't say anything just took my hand and headed for the trail. It was foggy, cold, and soft snow was falling. I tighten my scarf around my neck and fixed my hat.

It was beautiful. Beside the coldness and the fog, it was actually pleasant to be here with Gabriel, who was humming a familiar song. The trees were covered with snow, there was freeze snow on the trees, some look like snow cones that would fall any minute. The more we waked down the trail, the more trees covered in snow there were. It looked like we were in snow heaven. There was a soft wind blowing the snow on the trees around us. It was beautiful.

"Look. It's a wolf." Gabriel said, pointing ahead of us.

There was a white wolf just a couple of feet from us. It looked gorgeous. And its white fur matched the snow on the ground well. It looked up, its head snapping to look at us. It tilted its head to the side, as if curious of us. It show its canine teeth as if we were a threat to it, but then we understood why. It had two little pups with it. How cute.

Gabriel walk towards the little wolf family with its hand stretch out. He wasn't scared, why would he. He was a wolf himself. I, on the other hand, didn't move from where I stood.

Gabriel looked back at me, "Come on they won't do anything." He said with confident.

I inched forward keeping my eyes on the mother. I didn't want to threat her or anything. Gabriel was kneeling by the two little pups with his head out for them to sniff. The pups inched forward and sniffed Gabriel's hand. They started to playing around, Gabriel trying to catch the little guys and they running around. It was great to see a smile on Gabriel's face.

One of them rolled on its back while Gabriel rubbed its tummy. Soon Gabriel was on his back with the two little pups on top of him. It was adorable to see. I didn't notice that the mother-wolf had come and had lie down a foot away from me.

"Hi there." I said the the mother-wolf.  

She looked at me, tilted her big head, and inched towards me. I stoop where I was afraid that if I moved she might attack. She walked towards me, her eyes never leaving mine. I knee in the snow to have her put her big head on my lap. I didn't move. For Chris sakes! There was a wild wolf on my lap. Completely unbelievable! Gabriel looked at me with curiously. He got up from the snow and walked to sit next to me.

"Whoa. Unbelievable." He said taking my hand and putting it on top of the wolf's head.

"What?" I asked, running my hand through the wolf's fur.

"There's a legend about a wolf -mother and a human that my mother use to tell Daniel and me before we went to bed." He said, playing with the pups who had climb up to his lap.

'What's the legen?" I asked, curious to hear.

"A long time ago, there was a young girl, who was believe she would talk to God's creatures. Specially the wolf. She would always be seen with either pups or a mother-wolf in the village. No one dare to do any harm to her because the wolves wouldn't allow that. One winter, a hunter from another village saw the girl outside her town with a wolf by her side. When the wolf bounces up and threw the girl down on the snow, the hunter attacked. He shot a wooden arrow at the wolf's head, but miss. He attacked the wolf, the girl tried to get his attention to try and explain him that the wolf meant no harm to her.