Chapter 5

Gabriel looked hell of a pissed. He had a cut above his left eyebrow and he looked like he just came out of war. His shirt was rip and loose. I guess that other guy Johnny was with put up a good fight. Johnny turned around ready to shot if Gabriel made one move towards him.

                                    "Relax, Johnny. He's not going to hurt you" I said stepping towards Gabriel.

                                    "Not yet," Gabriel said, taking me by my waist and pulling me towards him, "Where's my brother and his girl?"

                                "What, your wolf can't sniff them?" Johnny said with a smile on his face

Gabriel growled at him, "Owens where are they?" he said again

                               "Come on, Johnny. Where are they?" I said, getting annoyed

                              "I don't know. Emma--" He begun

                             "Emma? The girl from the counter is a hunter too?" I asked shocked that a girl that innocent would be out there hunting wolves.

                             "Yes, Emma. She's the one who called me and said there were a couple of wolves in the area." Johnny said, not taking his eye of Gabriel

I guess looks do fool people. I thought to myself.

                             "Where's my friend?" Johnny asked, first the first time realizing that his friend hadn't come out of the room.

                             "Oh, he's in side. I think he may be unconscious, but i'm not sure." Gabriel said with a grin on his face.

                              "You son of a bitch!" Johnny said and headed for the motel room

Johnny ran the whole way to the motel room with me on his heels. I knew Gabriel was behind me for...protection i guessed. When we got to the room I stopped to look around the room. The lamps were knock on the floor as were the coffee tables. In the room Lex and Daniel were sleeping, the sheets were on the floor, the side-chair was knocked out, I didn't have time to look at the room when I ran pass. In the other room I heard Johnny shouting someone's name and telling them to wake up.

                              "Jake! You idiot, wake up!" Johnny said, shaking the other guy.

The other guy-Jake- was pretty much not waking up anytime soon. He looked really...pale. I looked over at Gabriel who was standing at the doorway and raised my eyebrows at him. He just shrugged.

                           "I didn't hit him that hard!" He said defensive, "I gave him a little punch on the chest"

                             "A little punch? He's out of air, you ass!" Johnny said

I stepped near Jake and kneel next to him. I put my hand under his neck and lifted his head off the ground a little bit.

                            "What are you doing?" Gabriel asked taking a step closer to Jake

                        "CPR? I'm going to give him air...um mouth to mouth?" I said with a duh look on my face.

                                                "No! Let Johnny do it. It's his friend" Gabriel said

                                               "Gabriel, he'll die if I don't--"

                                               "I don't care! I don't want any guy's lips on  yours besides mine!"