Chapter 11

Shay's POV

I get up from the couch and make my way to the door. When I open it, I am floored... Sasha is standing there crying uncontrollably, her clothing is ripped and she is soaked to the bone. She falls inward and I grab her into my arms before she hits the ground. "Sasha!!! What happened?" she just continued to sob into my chest. I guide her over to the couch and grab the blanket off the back of the couch and wrap Sasha up and sit her down. I sit next to her and hold her while she cries. I know I will not get anything out of her until she calms down a little. We sit there for 20 minutes and she is now shivering so I tell her 'Come on Sash, lets get you out of these wet clothes and warmed up." She doesn't say anything, she just nods yes. I lead her up to my room and into my bathroom, I drop the blanket and I start to take off her wet clothes, she doesn't move at all, she looks like she is in shock. I notice her shirt is torn pretty good and I am starting to worry that maybe she has been raped. I say "Sash, did someone attack you? Did someone hurt you... were you raped?" she shakes her head no but she doesn't still doesn't speak. I reach for her pants and notice she is bleeding from her knee. I pull her pants off and she is standing in front of me in her bra and underwear. I turn on the shower and ask her if she needs any help getting in and she shakes her head no. I tell her "Sash, I am going to go get you some clothes to put on after you get out OK?" she just nods her head and I leave her to take a warm shower. I come back to the bathroom with some clothes and she is now standing there in a towel with tears in her eyes. I lead her into my bedroom and sit her on the edge of my bed, I tell her to stay put and went back into the bathroom to grab the first aide kit for her knee. I come back in and sit on the floor between her legs and start to doctor her knee. She jumps in pain as I put on the antiseptic and I say "Sorry Sash, I know it hurts" I blow on it and she just smiles at me. This is the first time I see my friend starting to look normal again. I put on a bandaid and look up at her. She says "Thank you Shay, for taking care of me". That's when I see the hand print across her face. I have to find out what happened to her so I say "Sasha, what happened, are you OK?" She starts to cry again and I sit up and pull her into a hug... "Sasha it's OK, your OK, I am hear and nobody is going to hurt you again." She finally says "Hu.. Hudson hit me!!! I broke up with him and he went c.c.. crazy and hit me. He tried to rape me." I hug her again and say "Oh baby, I am so sorry... you are safe now and he will not hurt you again, I am going to call the police and report him right now." She reaches for my hand as I try to get up and says "Please don't leave me alone." I look back at her and say "OK, we will wait until tomorrow to call the police but he needs to be reported for this or he could do it again." She nods in agreement. I am looking at her and realize she is still in just a towel, so I tell her "Hey, I have some clothes for you to sleep in right here" and I had her an oversized shirt and a pair of underwear. I tell her I am going to go change for bed and that she can stay in my bed and I will go sleep on the couch. She stands up and drops the towel and starts to get dressed, I turn away quickly so she doesn't see me staring at her beautiful body, especially after what she has been through tonight. She says "SSh Shay, will you stay with me tonight... please, I can't sleep alone tonight." I gulp hard hoping she didn't notice and said "Uhh... Sure, Of course I will" I got changed in the bathroom while she finished getting dressed and when I came out of the bathroom, she was standing there looking at me. "What side of the bed do you sleep on?" she asked. "I ... I sleep in the middle" and I giggled a little. She giggles back and said "So do I... guess we will have to share if that's OK?"  I laugh and then smiled at her and said "Sure" and we climbed into my bed.

Sasha's POV

Shay opened her door and took me inside, I couldn't speak, I guess I was just in shock about what had happened. She took me over to the couch and held me for the longest time while I cried. Then she told me I needed to get out of my wet clothes and led me upstairs into the bathroom and started to undress me. I just stood there not talking, she asks me if I was raped and I shook my head no but still couldn't speak. When she got me into my underwear and bra, she told me she had some clothes for me and asked me if I needed any help getting into the shower, I shook my head no and quickly took a warm shower. I got out and wrapped a towel around myself and Shay comes back in with clothes. She takes me to the bed and tells me she is getting a first aid kit for my knee. After she doctors my knee, she looks up at me and I smile and say "Thank you for taking care of me" She then noticed the hand print on my face and asks what happened... After telling her what happened, she tells me I can sleep in her bed and she will sleep on the couch. Well there is no way I am going to let that happen, so I say "SSh Shay, will you stay with me tonight?" I totally stuttered. She agreed and I stood up and dropped my towel, Shay quickly turned away... Well that was stupid of me, I can't force her to like me like that. Shay went into the bathroom and when she came back in I asked her what side of the bed she sleeps on. To my surprise, she said "I...I sleep in the middle", the she let out the cutest giggle ever. I noticed she stuttered too, maybe she is nervous about sharing a bed with me... I have to make her laugh, so I say "So do I... guess we will have to share if that's OK?" She laughs and then said "Sure", we climb into bed and start to go to sleep... After a few moments, I start to cry again, I just can't help it. Shay reaches out and pulls me into her and wraps her arms around my waist. I put my hand over hers and drift off to sleep now feeling completely safe in her arms.