Chapter 88

Shay's POV:

The girls and I have been waiting in Sasha's room for any news about Ashley. Lucy says "What the hell is taking so long? It's been nearly two hours already and nothing..." Troian says "Lucy, we just have to be patient and stay positive, Ash is going to be just fine..." I hear her whisper under her breath "She just has to be." Sasha speaks up and says "If anything happens to her, I will never forgive myself..." Just then the door opens and Marlene comes walking in. She says "Sasha, Ashley knew the risks of what she was doing and she wouldn't have it any other way. She was determined to help bust the creep that hurt her friend. Sasha gets a look on her face that I knew all too well. I jump up and say "What happened Mar, is Ash going to be ok?" Before she could answer me, the door came flying open and Ashley says "You bet your sweet ass I'm ok... I'm more than ok, I'm like a superhero... or some shit like that." She stands in the doorway with a huge smile on her face as Lucy and Troian run to hug her.

Marlene laughs and says "Yeah, our little superhero is going to be just fine.... as soon as the Adderall wears off. They were going to pump her stomach, but because it took so long to get her checked out, it had already been absorbed by her system... So, until it wears off, we basically have super Ashley." Lucy lets go of Ashley and says "How long is she going to be like this?" Marlene says "Well, they said it could be as little as six hours or as long as twelve before she comes down. It all depends on the dosage she got and how her body absorbs the drug..." I say "What are we suppose to do with her until then?" And before I could say anything else, Sasha says "We could take her to our house, I mean it's the least we can do after what she did to help bust that pig. And well... Since the doctor and nutritionist already spoke to us, and since the doctor agreed to release me tonight.... we could do that right? All we have to do is wait for the doctor to finish the paperwork, and set up my counseling..."

Troian quickly says "Yeah, and we will go with you to help keep an eye on her..." She grabs Lucy's arm and smiles. Ashley says "Hot damn, we get to have a sleepover.... but I ain't no baby, and I don't need no babysitter... I'm like a superhero, crime fighting ninja or something... yeah!!!" Lucy rolls her eyes and says "Yeah... or something" Troian gives Lucy a high five, and Ashley was completely oblivious to the rather quick comment Lucy came up with...

Sasha's POV:

Shay just asked what we were going to do about Ashley while the drugs wear off... and I couldn't help myself... I say "We could take her to our house, I mean it's the least we can do after what she did to help bust that pig. And well... Since the doctor and nutritionist already spoke to us, and since the doctor agreed to release me tonight.... we could do that right? All we have to do is wait for the doctor to finish the paperwork, and set up my counseling..." " I could see the look of frustration on Shay's face, but she knew it was the right thing to do. She eased up a bit when Troian volunteered Lucy and herself to come help keep an eye on Ashley, and a little more after Ashley informed everyone that she was some sort of superhero, crime fighting ninja who didn't need a babysitter... I could tell she didn't think it was a good idea, but understood that it was important to me that we help take care of Ash, especially after what happened. So, she smiled and said "Ok then, it looks like we are having a sleepover... this should be fun." She gives me a half smile just before Ashley says "Yippee sleepover at Emison's house." and then she jumped on Shay's back, and tried to kiss her on the cheek.

After getting Ashley off her back, Shay gave Lucy and Troian her house keys and told them to take Ashley to the house, and then told them that we would be there as soon as they released me. Marlene headed for the door laughing and said "I wish you girls luck, I'll be down at the police station to give my statement, and to make damn sure that piece of crap gets what he deserves..."