Fili imagine

Requested by: absolutely_sebstan (I hope you like it!)

Growing up as Bilbo's niece in the Shire was something very surprising and unexpected for Rachel and Bilbo when a hoard of thirteen dwarves arrived at his house, Bag End. It was also the moment when Fili, one of the Dwarf Princes caused her to have some sort of feelings for him, which she never experienced in her life. Rachel felt like she saw a radiant light in Fili when he entered Bag End, and she gets impressed by his singing and how he played with her Uncle Bilbo's dishes with Kili, much to Bilbo's annoyance. When Rachel learned of the destruction of the Dwarven kingdom, Erebor and that the dwarves must go reclaim it, she became eager to go on a journey with them, despite Thorin, the future King of Erebor's refusal and hesitation.

As the journey began, Rachel started having feelings for Fili, but she was worried that Bilbo won't approve her love towards him due to the fact that she was a hobbit and Fili was a dwarf both of different races. Even Fili started to attract Rachel, he too, was nervous about telling Thorin, his uncle about it, so they decided to keep their thoughts visible to themselves and secretive to them.

When Thorin's company including Rachel were taken prisoners by the Mirkwood elves, Bilbo had not been caught and began searching around the palace to set them free. Fili's cell was right next here. Meanwhile, when Fili and Rachel watched his brother Kili, talking with Tauriel about all the stars and bonding with each other, that was the moment when the Dwarf prince and the She-Hobbit were about to prepare for their confession.

"When will we ever be free from this mess?" Rachel asked in a sullen manner, looking at the patch of dawn of sky and sun that barely risen from the window of her cell.

"Very soon, hopefully, my love." Fili replied at last.

"What did you say to me?" Rachel's eyes went wide.

"Rachel, I've been madly in love with you when I first saw you." Fili began. "I was afraid to show my feelings towards you for that my uncle would be disapproved of the love between the two of us."

"I heard that!" A voice shouted from across the hall of cells. It was Thorin. He had been hearing all the conversation between those newly couple-to-be!

"Uh-oh." Rachel stuttered.

"Oh, great." Fili slouched, putting his hand on his forehead.

~Time skips~

After Bilbo released Rachel and the dwarves from Mirkwood, they seeked refuge in Laketown until it was completely destroyed by Smaug the dragon. Rachel and Fili wanted to stay on the lake shores with Tauriel to help the rest of the surviving Laketowners, but they had no choice but to sail to the Lonely Mountain to find Bilbo, Thorin and their company. As they arrived in Erebor, Thorin, who now was crowned king, called up to Fili and Rachel.

"I overheard all the stuff you and Rachel said back in the Woodland Realm." Thorin said in a serious tone of voice. "Why did you not tell me earlier that you found someone you love?"

"I was scared to." Fili looked down at the floor. Rachel placed her hand on his shoulder.

"I see." Thorin scoffed. His eyes moved towards the young hobbit. "So Rachel, is it honestly true that you love my nephew?"

"Yes." She nodded. "I've been in love with him ever since you and your company came over to the Shire. Like Fili, I kept my love for him private until he and I saw Kili..." Rachel froze suddenly.

"What about Kili?" Thorin demanded.

"Kili...uh.."

"Stop stuttering, She-Hobbit!" Thorin raised his voice a bit higher. "Just explain."