Legolas

Author's Note
This takes place in the forest before it was called Mirkwood.
(E/C): eye color

Greenwood the Great; the most biggest and most outstanding forest of all Middle Earth, with trees as green as grass. The sky of leaves shading every path between the trees with a patch of sun and blue sky above you. The sound of trickling water could be heard from the distance. The forest smelled like pine and cedar, with cool air all around you. Birds singing sweet melodies and squirrels crawling up and down every trunks and branches of the trees. Butterflies of various color fluttered across every flower and toadstool. In the stillness you wandered through enchanted Greenwood and saw a lean figure not too far from you whom you didn't realize was there. Legolas Greenleaf.

You watched in awe as you watched him swiftly and gracefully shooting arrows to the trees one by one. You and Legolas have been very good friends since you were elflings. You first met each other when Legolas' father, King Thranduil invited you, your mother and father to the Feast of Starlight. Both of you ran around in the gardens of the palace, laughing and roaring with your sweet childish voices and putting flowers in each other's hair, while your parents and King Thranduil talked together. As the two of you live far apart from each other, you and Legolas exchanged letters to each other all day everyday expressing each other's friendship and life. This time, it was different. Your feelings for Legolas wasn't just a friendship, it was something bigger than you've ever imagined. It was more like a dying need to have him be there for you the whole time, to hug, to kiss and to comfort each other whenever necessary, just like many lovers in the books. But the more your feelings toward him grew, the more you felt nervous to reveal it to him as you kept them completely private.

"Hello there, (Y/N)!" You were snapped out of thoughts when Legolas called out to you, waving his arrow-gripped hand. "Legolas." You breathed as you ran to his slender arms without hesitation. "Legolas!" You said as you pressed your head to his chest. "I've missed you!"

"I've missed you too, (Y/N)." Legolas said gently. "Been a long time. You have grown with such great beauty."
"And you have became very handsome yourself." You said as you and Legolas pulled apart. You felt butterflies in your stomach when your (E/C) eyes met his beautiful glacial blue eyes sparkling with joy.

"Do you want to come over?" Legolas asked suddenly. "My father would be very thrilled to see you again." "Really?" You burst out. "I...would...love to..." Legolas lead you to his beautiful pure white horse and gently lifted you up on it and he got up on in front of you. You wrapped your arms around his waist as he nudged his horse and trotted through the Greenwood forest and on the way to the palace.

"Um...Legolas?" You tried to say.

"Yes, (Y/N)?" Legolas said.

"What if your father doesn't recognize who I am?" You asked nervously.
"Don't worry. I'm sure he will." He replied. "We've known each other since childhood. He must recognize both of us as husband and wife."

Your eyes flew wide open.

"(Y/N), I've been falling for you ever since the last time I met you." Legolas began. "I know it's a little too late to tell you this but..." He stopped as you placed a kiss on his cheek, causing him to blush.

"I was afraid to prove my feelings for you too." You chuckled. "I suppose we both aren't so good at expressing our own feelings." Then your voice turned to anxiety. "But what if your father won't approve our courtship?"

"Maybe he should be convinced." Legolas replied. "He is my king but, he does not command my heart." He turned to you with a wink. "Though I never shared about my feelings for you to him."

"Well we all might have to learn to express our feelings to each other and to our family soon." You agreed as you held around him a bit tighter and leaned your head on his back, causing his heart to race and felt a little bit of squishy tickle down his spine.

As you and Legolas finally reached the palace of Greenwood the Great, King Thranduil and Tauriel was surprised and thrilled about the reunion between the two of you when Legolas told him about how he found her back in the woods.
While spending the night in the Halls of King Thranduil, you wrote a letter to your mother and father about being reunited with Legolas and the love confessions between the two of you. Then finally, they approved of your love and feelings toward the Elf Prince.

2 months later
Lastly, with the blessings of your parents and the King, they decided to announce you as the new Princess of Greenwood the Great or perhaps the Woodland Realm. You and Legolas just couldn't be more happier as you both finally found a better reason to live. It was just a new beginning of your adventure with him.

(THE END!)