Farkle

I refused to tell my parents what happened with Riley, mostly because I wasnt sure exactly what happened. But also because I didnt want more of their judement.

My dad had decided that to get over Riley I had to start dating so he set me up with one of his employees. He hadnt told me anything about her though. I wouldnt have gone except my parents told me they would kick me out and right now I could not handle being alone in San Francisco. 

I dressed up kinda nice with a button up shirt and a pair of dress pants before heading to the restaurant to meet her. I was escorted to the table by the hostess where my date was already sitting.

"Sarah?" I asked looking closer at the girls face.

"Hey Farkle...long time no see." She smiled.

"uh hey...You work for my dad?" I asked awkwardly not knowing how to approach the situation.

"Yeah, I have for a couple years now." She weakly smiled. "So uh last I heard you were dating some model...What happened?" She asked. Most people tend to avoid talking about exes on first dates but thats fine...

"Uh she cheated on me." I told her avoiding telling her about Riley and I.

"Oh my-Im so sorry." She pitied me. We ordered our food and ate making small talk and reminiscing about middle school.

"You know everyone always thought you and Riley would get married one day. I think Maya and I made a bet." She laughed lightly but the sound of Rileys name sent a pang of guilt and sadness into my chest.

"A bet?" I asked trying to block the rest of the words out.

"Yeah Maya bet 20$ on you guys getting married. I was against it but probably because I always had a crush on you." She blushed and looked down. I was completely shocked. There was no way.

"Wait actually? I thought you hated me!"

She shook her head biting her lip. I felt my eyes drift to her lips.

After we ate I paid for us and walked her to her car.

"Well thanks for tonight. I know a set up from your dad isnt super romantic bu-" I lightly placed my lips on hers but I immediately realized it didnt feel right. I needed to get Riley back.

"Im sorry. I shouldnt have done that...ill uh see you around." Before she could stop me I ran to my car and banged my head on the steering wheel, with only one thought. What have I done?