Isadora

"So, what do we want to do?" I sat on the couch with Isaiah as we discussed our future.

"Iz, I would love to keep trying and I think we should but if we do that, we risk heartbreak. I don't know if I can handle that again." I squeezed his hand. 

"Well, I definitely think we should continue trying but maybe not just for the purpose of having a child..." I smiled at my husband and he kissed me gently. "We could try a surrogate?" I suggested. 

"That's an option. I've been thinking a lot about what the doctor said. There are a lot of kids that need to be adopted. We could give them a great home." I could see the passion in his eyes. This was what he wanted to do.

"Okay." I agreed. His entire face lit up. It was nice seeing him happy again. We had been through so much. "But you should know there may be heartbreak with adoption as well. I have heard many stories where something goes wrong."

"Don't think about a worst-case scenario." He urged and I nodded, trying to clear my brain of the negativity. 

"We are going to have a family." I grinned. As much as it hurt to lose a child, we were stronger now. We would never forget the pain or the love we felt for our child but, it didn't have to hold us back. I pushed away all my doubts. "Isaiah you will be a wonderful father." I cupped his cheek and kissed him. 

"And you will be an amazing mother." He responded, pulling me into his arms. 

We fell asleep on the couch discussing all the possibilities of children we could get now that we were adopting. 

When I woke up, my back hurt from our position on the couch. I got up and looked at the time. I rushed back to Zay's side and shook him awake.

"Come on! Get up! We are going to be late!" I dragged him off of the couch and grabbed our bags as we headed out the door.