Zay

I finally got Isadora to want to leave the house, just in time for a doctors appointment. Our doctor had scheduled a consultation about what to do moving forward since we...

She had stayed silent for most of the drive there but surprised me by grabbing my hand as we walked inside the building that had caused us so much pain. 

We sat in the waiting room. The sounds echoed around in my head. The foot tapping in the back corner of the room. The man coughing three chairs down. The receptionist scribbling on the paper work. 

"Isadora Babineau?" I looked up at the sound of her name and the receptionist waved us over. We followed her to a doctors office and sat down on one side of the desk. 

"I'm nervous." She mumbled. I turned to her as she stared blankly ahead. "I don't know why." She finally brought her eyes to me and I saw the sadness in them. "It's not like this can get any worse." I couldn't tell if she wanted me to respond. When she stopped talking I squeezed her hand.

"Izzy you've been through a lot. It's okay to be scared. But whatever happens, we will get through this." A small smile shone through her broken exterior. For the first time I truly belived we would get through this.

"Hi guys its good to see you. How have you been holding up?" Isadora squeezed my hand.

"Not very good but Isaiah has been my rock." Izzy's confession caught me off guard. I didn't realize I was actually helping her.

"That's good to hear. Support is very good for both of you." Our doctor began. "Have you guys discussed what comes next?" We both shook our heads. "Well I want you to know that you have options. Some couples choose adoption. Others opt for a surrogate. With your success and your stable marriage, you two should have no trouble adopting a child and while it may not be as personal as a kid with your DNA, there are so many kids who need adopting." The doctor explained. 

"DNA doesn't make a family. Love does." I stared into Izzy's eyes when I spoke and I could see the wheels turning in her brain.

"Thank you for your input Dr. Greene but I think we want to make this decision on our own." We left the office and I followed her to the car. 

"Iz are you okay?"

"I-I" I pulled her into a tight hug and held her.

"We will figure this out together."