Isadora

"You need to eat something." Zay's voice came from the door way of our room. I was sitting in the window sill wrapped in a blanket. I stared out the window, ignoring my husband. "Izzy please." 

"I am not hungry." I mumbled, my lips sticking together from being closed so long. 

"You haven't eaten in days, please." I felt his hand on my shoulder but I brushed it off. 

"I said I am not hungry." I snapped pulling the blanket tighter around myself. I heard him sigh from behind me followed by his footsteps leaving the room. Tears welled up in my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. My whole body shook as I sobbed. I was getting tired of crying but it seemed to be the only thing that made sense.

I had not gone to work since we found out. I had barely left the room. Our baby was gone. It was my fault. I must have done something wrong. Maybe I did not get enough sleep. Or I ate something I was not supposed to. 

The tears came harder and Zay burst into the room. His arms wrapped around me and he held me rocking me slightly. 

"Ssshhhh." He comforted rubbing his hand up and down my back.

"It is all my fault." I sobbed into his shooulder.

"No it's not. There is nothing you could have done. Stop blaming yourself." He tried but I shook my head. 

"I feel empty." I confessed pulling my knees tighter to my chest.

"I'm going to book you an appointment with the doctor." He whispered and I shook my head. 

"A doctor can not fix me Isaiah. Nothing can." 

"You don't need to be fixed, you just need to find a way to feel better." 

"How are you so calm? I killed our child."

"Stop!" He grabbed my face and turned my head to look at him. "These things happen. It is not your fault in any way. And I am only strong because you need me to be." He admitted. Instead of kissing him, I leaned my forehead against his. I wanted to be closer to him but for some reason I had never felt further away.