Chapter 15: Void

No one's p.o.v
Lol this is probably gonna be the end
I kinda don't like the fact that this book strays so far from the DRV3 plot, so I'm gonna start Blackened Skies soon 
Italics = Flashbacks
(H/L) = Hair Length
(H/C) = Hair Color
The fourth time limit was nearing, and a day has passed, yet Kaito was nowhere to be found. The red timer making sudden clicks, adding an ominous mood to everyone's faces. Maki seemed antisocial as usual, Himiko was lazy, Kokichi was pranking everyone, Tsumugi was being her otaku self, Kiibo was being innocent and (Y/N) was quiet.

(Y/N) looked at her timer, fifteen minutes left until another one bites the dust. She sighed and picked at the timer a little bit, making sure not to trigger any secret or hidden sensor. She just kept picking at it, wishing the bangle could come off, that her hands would be free, and she could finally talk again. A small little beep echoed in her room, and after that warning, she decided to just leave it alone. 

To let time pass by, (Y/N) decided to get closer to Himiko, maybe then she can keep her conversation with her on her mind, but then she remembered she can't talk. (Y/N) let out a groan and slumped in her bed. Ten minutes left on the clock, and by now, mostly everyone has probably given up on the search for Kaito. (Y/N) put her feet up on the bed, and looked up at the ceiling.

Kokichi Ouma. A name that she was sure she heard before. It wasn't something she heard of in here, but outside of the killing game. Before Angie had destroyed the flash back light with the student council, she used it in secret. The light flashed in the dark room, making sure no one would see what was happening. Then, memories cam flooding to her head.

(Y/N) was trying to pull on her ruffled up school uniform. The collar was itching her neck, and she tried readjusting it. But yet every time she moved it, her attempts were futile. As she sat on the fountain, she constantly tried readjusting it, until her feet lost her balance, and she fell into the cold water. She yelped and tried pulling herself up and prevent from falling in, but yet, she did.

A small splash disturbed the conversations of many, and everyone's eyes diverted to her. She covered her face in embarrassment, and didn't have any spare clothes. Her (H/L) (H/C) dripped, as small droplets splashed on the ground.

"Geez, I'm gonna get shamed by so many people today..." She muttered to herself, pulling up her sleeves, and twisting it, water soaking the floor. She coursed her way through the school grounds and on her way to her class, until she bumped into a boy without looking.

He had violet hair, with the same color of eyes, his bangs nearly covering his forehead. He wore the typical outfit boys were supposed to wear, and he quivered a little bit.

"Ah! I-I'm Sorry for bumping into you!" (Y/N) stuttered out at the boy, he cocked his head to the side, with a confused face.

"Why are you soaking wet?" The boy asks the girl, (Y/N) felt an awkward feeling of shame overcoming her. She rubbed her arm a little and looked off to the side, a pink blush coming over her face.

"I-I fell in the water fountain..." She mumbled, her words barely audible, but the boy could hear her. But, he quickly took off his backpack, then shoved his hand in there. Papers and books were almost overflowing, with small drawings drawn with crayons falling out. There he took out a crumpled and wrinkled girl uniform, and tried straightening out the creases. (Y/N)' s eyebrows furrowed a little, why exactly does a boy have a girl's uniform?

"Why do you have that?" (Y/N) asks, as the boy stares at her.

"Well, you really don't want to go into class looking like that y'know." He spills out. Before she could say any further remark, he shoves it in her arms and smiles. He didn't care if he got wet or not, and seems kinda reckless in what he does.

"Who Are~"

"Are you gonna ask who I am?" The boy asks, twiddling his hair around his finger. "Well, if you want to know so badly, I'm Kokichi Ouma! The Ultimate Supreme Leader!" He quips, the boy trying to act cool and strike a bold pose.

(Y/N) giggled a little. "Well, I'm (Y/N) (L/N). The Ultimate Social Butterfly. I hope we can get along." She says, formally introducing herself. Her expression softened a little bit.

She liked this Kokichi Ouma.

The door creaked open, and there stood Kokichi. (Y/N) was too lazy to even reply to him, she just nodded at him, and he came in. He got closer to her and cuddled around her, pink came upon her face. The timer had finally counted down to zero. She felt a wave of sleepiness come over her, she wavered side to side, trying to stand up and land on the hard floor. But instead, she climbed up, and collapsed. Kokichi looked at her dazed, and he too fell asleep.

Red light bounced off the room, and a Monokuma appeared on there.

"Wakey Wakey attacker! It's time for you to kill!" Monokuma nearly squeals. Kokichi started to stir, his eyes looking at the sudden red light. He was confused, the monitor just woke him up. If he did wake up, then everyone is still asleep, (Y/N) was his proof. Monokuma started rambling about how everyone should give up hope, and for Kokichi, it was so boring to him. Until, a video started playing.

It started off with Monokuma tilting his head side to side, with many objects surrounding him. A doll, a gavel, a blank T.V. screen, with many other random objects scattered across the screen. As Kokichi kept on staring at it for so long, an illusion developed in his mind. The T.V. suddenly got into high contrast mode, then it happened.

Kokichi stood at a light blue surface, and it looked like he was facing the Earth. Members of his organization started popping up, happy and well.

"Guys? You're here? This isn't another lie?!" He gasps, running toward them with tears in his eyes. But then as he was starting to approach the people he considered family, they pushed him aside, he fell on the floor, grunting. Their faces overcome with rage and despair.

"You left us to rot."

"Why did you abandon us?"

"We aren't family anymore."

"Why are you still alive?"

They repeated this over and over, Kokichi stared at them in disbelief. He thought he was accepted into Hope's Peak. He was just there to attend this seemingly harmless school. He didn't mean to abandon them. He didn't want this. Then, their expression started darkening, and their status slowly dying. Kokichi held back his tears, but they released soon after.

His expression darkened too, and his maniacal laughter filled the room. His eyes, a swirling and endless void of black and white. He clutched his temples and laughed, his hair bouncing up and down.

"I'm coming with you guys!" He laughed. A knife clattered on the floor from the monitor, the same knife Tsumugi used on Kaito.

Soon, he'll be nothing more than an endless void.