joker || never let go [IMAGINE]

You were an ordinary girl. You went to college and finished your studies. You've got a job and clung onto it and got a high pay. It was a nice life, like most people will say.

You weren't so social. You've got a few friends but no best friends. Family? Well, you were an orphan. You were a pretty and a kind girl. Not so pretty--- you thought. You were an average.

You fell in love once, during your high school year--- but that was it. Other than that, all of your relationships had failed. But you didn't mind though. You thought that it was just a matter of time until you'll find the right man to fall in love with.

But you've never hoped to fall in love with a criminal. Obviously not with a psychopath. But this happened.

The Joker laid his eyes on you once; and he knew that you were the one. He could just kidnap you or threat you to be his--- but he didn't.

He made you fall for him naturally. You weren't sure how, but you fell for the green-haired clown. You fell so hard for him. You loved him, dearly.

That one time the Joker saw you came to him, crying--- he was furious. He was ready to kill anyone who made his girl upset. But then you surprised him.

"I--- I love you. But I know that I can't. I can't love someone who doesn't love me back."

You cried into his chest, your tears dried on his shirt. He stiffened when he heard your confession, but slowly tighten his arms around your waist.

"Y/N, please don't cry."

He has never comfort anyone before so he wasn't sure how to comfort your cries. You looked up at him with teary eyes, your hands clung onto his collar.

"I'm sorry that I love you."

You whispered softly to him. He caressed your face and kissed your forehead tenderly.

"It's not your fault, honey. Don't be sorry about it."

He murmured to you, whilst wiping your tears away. He knew he couldn't love you as much as you loved him. But he wanted to be there for you.

In every joy, every tear, every fear--- he will be there for you. Always.

"But it's dangerous!"

You almost screamed at him, tears welled in your eyes as he stared at you. He shook his head in disagreement.

"I'm the Joker. I do dangerous things. You should know that, my dear Y/N."

He spat. You bit your lips to contain your anger. You were worried for him, but he never did for himself.

"I've lost everyone that I love."

You said under your breathe, leaving him alone in the room. He groaned and broke a window; expressing his anger that he couldn't do to you.

You were too precious for him. He didn't know how you could do all of these things to him, but you just did.

"Happy birthday, babygirl."

He kissed your lips softly before you blew the candle. You giggled and wrapped your arms around him.

"What did you wish for?"

He asked. You smirked and shook your head, not wanting to let him know about your wish. But after he pleaded, you gave in.

"I wished that you'll never let go of me."

How stupid were you to expect a happy ending from a criminal? Not even once you thought that you would be a hostage.

But there you were. You've been locked in a dark and cold room, with your hands tied to the chair and your mouth shut with a damp cloth.

Your throat felt like burning and your could barely breathing. Your eyes were swimming with tears as you saw two men walked into the room with guns in their hands.

You tried to scream but nothing came out of your mouth. The men laughed at you before you heard they talked about your boyfriend. Your love.

"Joker knows that we have her."

You almost cry when you heard his name, but you were scared why wouldn't he comes to save you.

"But he doesn't want her anymore. He said the business is more important than her."

Your eyes widen in shock. Joker didn't want you anymore. He would rather for these people to kill you than ruin his business.

"Then we have to find other way to threat him."

One of them said. The other man nodded before looking at you deadly.

"Yes, that's mean Ms Y/N over here is useless for us."

He groaned. You knew it was your time. You were useless as a hostage and as a lover. No one has ever needed you.

You heard the man pulled the trigger and you closed your eyes tightly, ready to embrace your death; knowing that the love of your life has let you go.

But it never came.

The bullet never came through your brain and killed you. Your eyes shot open and you saw the men were lying on the floor--- lifeless with their blood everywhere.

"Y/N."

Tears found its way down your cheek as you saw him. He came for you.

His henchmen untied you and took the damp cloth from your mouth. You nearly fell from the chair because of your weak condition, but Joker quickly pulled you into his arms.

"You're safe, Y/N. You'll be fine."

He whispered to your eyes, his voice was shaking as he was still afraid of losing you. You looked at him in disbelief.

"They said you don't want me anymore."

It came out as a whimper. He shook his head violently and kissed your head.

"It was a trick. I didn't want them to know that we were coming for you."

He explained, his eyes were glassy. Your lips curled into a small smile and you clung onto him and cried.

"Y/N, I will never let go. I promise."

"I know. I love you."

He smiled sadly at you, and nodded. He planted a kiss on your lips before he carried you in his arms.

"Never let go, Y/N. I promise."

• • • •
there you go! i miss writing imagines so much so here it is, special for you guys! and i'm sorry for not being active, i'll be better.