Five Foot Six Inches of Trouble

Me and my friend Tonia walked into the somewhat empty center. We had just arrived early to our fifth Fall Out Boy concert. This concert was special, our first one with front row seats. I squealed with delight and pulled Tonia along as we sprinted to our seats. What seemed like days later, the rest of the people poured into the center, and the band finally stepped onto the stage.

The two of us screamed their names as loud as possible, not even hearing ourselves over the roar of the crowd. Patrick was looking as cute as ever, a nice fitting hoodie and a hat like always. Joes hair was getting longer than mine. If I ever got the chance to speak with him I would tell him to cut it. Andy was in basketball shorts and shirtless like always. And Pete. Oh Pete. He was wearing my favorite pants of his, blue and white stripes, with his dark bug eye hoodie. Words couldn't describe how amazing he always looked. As Patrick began to sing Tonia and I gasped, like we always did when hearing his angelic voice in person. If music was played in heaven, his would be blasting on all the radio stations. Pete and Joe twirled like crazed ballerinas, a sight we loved to see. We danced and sang along to all of our favorite songs on the Folie A Deux album.

We both cried when the concert ended, sad that the night had ended. When people began filing out, Pete suddenly looked in our direction. I waved, not thinking he was actually looking at me, but he smiled and waved back. I stumbled back a little, Tonia had to balance me. Had that really just happened?

He grabbed a mic and said "Hey you with the Folie A Deux shirt I just waved at. Yes you. Catch." He tossed two backstage passes in our direction.

We both screamed and bounced up and down together. We were going to meet our heroes.

We made our way backstage, catching some weird looks from their body guards. We exchanged some nervous glances, the last thing we wanted was trouble, but Pete came running in our direction and told them we were ok. He came over to us an said hello. I screamed and cried for a few minutes, and he tried to comfort me as well as he could. He was obviously used to this kind of thing.

As soon as I calmed down enough to speak I managed to say, "Thanks for the backstage passes. I can't believe I'm talking to THE Pete Wentz!"

"Yeah well. There's not much to him. Just five foot six inches of pure trouble." We both laughed, and smiling made me feel a lot more calm.

"So why did you choose us to give the passes to? There were thousands of people in the crowd."

"Well um not to sound creepy or anything, but I remember seeing you guys at the past few signings and I thought such a dedicated pair of fans should get to meet us."

"Oh come on," said Tonia. "Like you would remember two faces out of millions you've seen."

"Who could forget a face like yours?" He said looking at me.

That was when I died inside.