Chapter 12

Astrid's POV.

I woke up to Hiccup trying to stand. I got up as quick as I could but he still fell forward. I picked him up an sat him against the cave wall.

"Hiccup, don't try to walk yet. We will get you on Toothless in an hour and we will start our journey home."

"Astrid, I can't....go back...yet."

He was trying to speak but the pain was taking its toll. He was breathing heavy.

"Hicc, you must go back. We need to take care of that wound. Please..."

Just than he picked my chin up as I started to cry and he kissed me. Than he stopped and said

"I'll go home....just to...heal, but than....I'm coming....back here. Ok?"

"Hicc, I don't think we should come back. Look at you.... Your the best dragon rider and you got hurt."

"Astrid.....I must come back.....that dragon....it could destroy Berk.....I need to know more about it.."

"Than we are going to bring the team...I'm not letting you go unless we have some type of backup."

"Ok Astrid......just please stay behind than.... I need you safe.."

"WHAT!! No, see what happens when I stay safe? YOU get hurt. I'm not letting you out of my sight. It's bad enough that I worry, but knowing whatever that is, is out there? You are staying near me."

"Bu-

"No that's final Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III!!!"

"Fine.......mom ;)"

"Haha very funny. Your lucky I'm not your mom. I would have killed you for a stunt like that."

"Ok ok. I wanna leave. Please?"

"Yeah that's fine. Toothless, come here to give Hicc a ride."

"Rrrhgrbgr"

Hiccup's POV.

I can't believe she just told me what to do... I mean I'm the Chiefs son!! I get to do what I want. I mean I know she cares but you can't keep me from this. It's in my nature to go an see...even if it's in the middle of the night. Hmmm

Just than Toothless came in and I got up to get on him. It's hard to walk while I'm weak from that cut. Wait why does it hurt so bad? It feels like a burn.......wait it is burned!!!

"Astrid...did, you burn...my gash? It hurts!!!"

"I'm sorry but I've heard from Gobber that if there is a bad wound, burning it will stop the bleeding and help.."

"Oh really? Well what did you use? Did u have Stormfly or Toothless burn me?"

"Um....no. I used your sword. I lit it up so it was hot, than I touched your cash and it worked. You stopped bleeding."

"Well it still hurts!! I'd rather have a gash than a huge burn!!!"

"You know a simple "thanks Astrid, you helped me live" would do just fine you troll"

Jeez, she is mad now. I do appreciate it but it still hurts worse than it did. But I had to say thanks or I'd never hear the end of it.

"Thank you Astrid...for saving my life...and stopping the bleeding.."

"Oh well it's not problem at all. Thank you for finally saying thank you."

"Why are you so mad? I did nothing wrong *ahh*"

"Hicc!!"

I just blacked out again. I hate this!!! At least I'm buckled to Toothless

~4 hours later~

I woke up on a beach. I recognized it. It was the beach that we took a break on a week ago. I saw Astrid cooking by the fire. I got up, and walked slowly to her. She heard my coming cause of the squeak from my prosthetic leg. I sat next to her and kissed her cheek.

"Hey, what time is it? Hue long was I out?"

"Its about 3, and you have been out 4 hours Hiccup... Your really starting to worry me..."

"I'll be fine when we get home...don't worry. I plan to stay with you as long as I can."

She liked the sound of that cause she kissed me an laid her head on my shoulder.

"Are you hungery?"

"Yeah I'm starving."

"Good cause I have your fish right here Hicc. It's hot though."

"Thank you. I'm sorry about earlier. If you were mad. I didn't mean to make you mad...."

"It's ok. I know you are in pain. It's understandable."

"That's why I love you."

"I love you too."