Chapter 28

-a week later

Hiccup's POV.

Well it's been a week since Astrid betrayed me. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what she was doing. It broke my heart. I wanted to cry. I wanted to leave forever. But I can't. I'm the chief's son. I can't run away from a war and I can't cry.

That's not a thing a chief would do. I endured it. I let the pain start to turn to rage. When I fight. I'll kill anybody in my way. I still have 6 days till I tell them what's happening at this war. Vulcan knows the plan. He gave me dragon pity. But I don't need anything.

The only people I've talked to since what happened was Toothless, dad and Gobber. I shut everyone out. As son of the chief, I see it as if something goes wrong, than I only have to worry about those 3 grieving. I don't need anyone else.

I had just finished lunch, and started for my daily walk to Vulcan. I see him like I always had. As I did though I heard bushes rustling. Than out of nowhere the twins rushed me and grabbed my arms. Fishlegs took my weapon and Snotlout grabbed my shoulders from behind. I yelled

"GET THE HELL OFF OF ME!!"

None of them budged. Than I saw her. She came out and started

"Hiccup, please."

That's when I lost it. I threw the twins off of me. Fishlegs ran off with my sword. Than I pushed Snotlout off and I saw a hammer coming at me from the side.....

Astrid's POV.

After I saw him get everyone off him, Lankton was going to hit him with the hammer to knock him out. But he did what nobody should be able to do. He caught it midair. He squeezed it with his hand and the metal bent under his fingertips.

I couldn't believe my eyes. When did he get so strong? After he caught it he kicked Lankton again and he flew back. He dropped the Hammer at my feet and walked away...

After that I started to tear up again. He hates me. I can't believe he just left me here. I'm soo sorry for what Lankton did but I couldn't help it. I wish he would listen to me. It's heart breaking that he won't even look at me.

Just than Ruff came to me and we walked home as I cried. He has no idea how hurt I feel about that. But I understand him being upset. He watched Lankton kiss me. I know what he thought. I'd feel the same but I wish he would hear me out.

I cried to sleep again that night. And every night since.....

-day before war-

Hiccup's POV.

I just woke up. We saw ships far out yesterday. They will be on the sand by night today. Today is the day I share my plan. I told dad yesterday so he can stop anyone from going with. He didn't want to agree, but I told him Vulcan won't help unless it's this way.

I went in town and I walked like the chiefs son. I walked proud and with strength. Fishlegs gave my sword to Gobber so I had to get it. Once I got there he said

"Morning Hiccup. How are you."

I smiled and said

"I've been better Gobber but I'll live."

"Well it's good you'll live."

"Hey, I heard Fishlegs dropped my sword off here. Where is it?"

"Oh, it's in the back. Astrid is waiting for you back there with it."

"Oh great."

"What happened between you 2? You were making a ring for her one minute, the next your broken up."

"Gobber it's a long story. I'll tell you after war."

"Alright, you best go get ye weapon"

"Yeah...."

I walked in the back and Astrid perked up smiling. I walked to her and asked

"Can I have my weapon?"

"After we talk."

"No Astrid, now. I'm not listening to anything you have to say."

"Than forget your weapon!"

"Astrid, I'm ordering you as the chiefs son! Give me my sword!"

"You know what! Fine have it!!"

She ran out crying. I felt bad, but than I remembered what she did to me. I grabbed my sword and went by Vulcan and Toothless for the day. I was thinking all day about it. About what I'll say to the tribes.

Than when I noticed the time, I got up and got on Toothless to head to the small area we live. I had dad set up a big meeting for me to speak my plan. It was 7:25. I had 5 minutes before I spoke. The team and everybody was there.

I hate speaking in front of large crowds but as the chiefs son, I must. I got up there and asked for quiet. Than I spoke...

Astrid's POV.

I went to the meeting to see what it was all about. I saw Hiccup get up there and ask for quiet. He hates speaking to a lot if people so why is he up there? Than he started

"Everyone. There is a new plan.. And it's the only one that will work to win."

Everyone started to murmur and I was wondering myself what it could be. I was standing by Ruff and she looked at me confused.

"This plan will save all but 1 life. The cost of this plan was my decision and mine alone."

What is he talking about? 1 person will die? Who's that? Wait.... It's one of his plans....... I yelled

"HICCUP NOOOO!!!"

He looked at me with sadness in his eyes. Than just as quick it turned back to hatred. He went on

"This plan is me fighting this battle alone. Toothless and I will Attack by ourselves. But if I get taken out..... Or injured to severe, Toothless will try to grab me if I'm not on him. If he can not get to me, than I will yell the single word for Vulcan to unleash hell on the army. With or without me on the ground..."

Everybody started to murmur again. Our tribe I know doesn't want it to end like this. I was crying on Ruff. Hiccup got down from the stage and someone yelled to Stoick

"Your gonna let you let son die!?"

Stoick looked hurt about this plan than spoke up

"This is my sons plan. It will only work because Vulcan agreed to this plan. I don't want to lose my boy, but he knows a chiefs duty as I do."

That's when everybody was quiet. Stoick had a tear and walked away. I couldn't believe this plan. It was idiotic. And he's sacrificing himself again for no bloodshed but his own and the enemies.

That's when I had to make sure he knows I love him. I saw him walking away from everyone alone and I ran up and hugged him from behind. He tried to get out of it but I held my ground and said

"Hiccup please don't do this.... I love you. I need you safe. Please."

That's when he got free and looked at me and said

"You don't love me. You kissed him and you say you love me? I'm not dealing with this. I need my armor ready and set for tomorrow."

He walked away and I dropped to my knees. He really doesn't trust me anymore. He hates me. I got on Stormfly and flew away. I needed to leave a little bit. By the time I get back it will be morning. For war...

Lankton's POV.

This plan of Hiccup's is perfect. He will die, the army will die and I'll still try to get to Astrid. The only problem now is how to kill my Father if we will not be fighting? Hmm in all good time I shall think of something. It may not be perfect but I will take over both tribes.

I shall have Astrid as my queen too. That will be a perfect day. The day I rule over 2 tribes with force. The day I have my queen Astrid and the day that no man shall kill me. Just perfect....