Chapter 18

Hiccups POV.

Toothless and I flew all night. We got to the island at around 6. Knowing people at the village, that's when everyone starts to wake. Me and Toothless went to the forest that was burned down. We found that in no time cause it's kinda hard to miss a black dead forest.

After we found it, we headed toward the mountains where that dragon was headed. Once we got to the mountains, I heard big footsteps. It had to be it. But before I go near that thing, I need to find a cave for shelter. So I said,

"Hey Toothless, let's go find a quick home. We might be here a few days."

"Rhhrbgr"

He understood so we found a cave with a beautiful water fall near it. There was enough of everything to live there a while. So it was great. Astrid would love how beautiful it looks... She is gonna be pissed when she finds that note.... She will be even more mad when I never show up cause, she's the type to wait up for me...

What have I Gotten myself into? Oh well, I guess if I don't die here, she will kill me later....hmm I think I'd rather die by the dragon than her... Yup, that's a much easier death...and a much less painful death...

After me and toothless got everything ready for our shelter, we took a nap because we were both dead tired.

Astrid's POV.

I woke up around 8 this morning. I smiled thinking about Hiccup. I can't wait to see him!! I got out if bed and went to get dressed. I wore all my same usual stuff. I walked down stairs and ate breakfast after I fed Stormfly. It was a peaceful morning.

We both finished our breakfast and I asked

"Hey Stormfly, want to say hi to Hiccup and Toothless?"

"Reghbgrbr"

"Good girl!!"

We went flying to Hiccups house. I saw no sign of him outside yet so he must still be asleep. We landed in front of his house and I went it. I walked up the steps to see nobody in there!!!

"Where the heck are you!!" I screamed.

I looked around and I saw a note. I picked it up and it said

"I left early this morning, be back later. -Hiccup-
P.S. Astrid, don't get mad!!"

Wow, he has some nerve. But at least he made sure my name was in it. Fine, I'll see him later tonight. I just hope he is ok. Just than as I was walking out I noticed something important.

"Why is his emergency bag gone?"

Hmm. His bag is gone. The bag that has enough stuff to.... Oh no he did not!!!!

"HICCUP!!!!"

I ran downstairs. I ran out his door and I saw Stoick. He ran up, cause he must have heard me yell and asked

"What's wrong Astrid? Is Hiccup ok?"

"He's ok at the moment I think. But when I get to him I'm going to KILL HIM!!"

"Oh no...what did he do?"

"I think he left to that island without me!! His bags are gone!"

"Astrid, it's ok. Just get the team ready. We need to find him. I need to have a talk with him. It's important..."

"Ok Stoick...."

After that talk I got on Stormfly and got everyone to the academy. Everybody was wondering why I called them here. So once I saw everybody paying attention (even the twins) I started.

"Ok everybody, we have a new mission from Stoick."

"What's the mission!!!" Fishlegs just got excited for no reason.

"Yeah Astrid what's the new mission? Hookfang wants to go."

Than of course the most stupid of them all (Tuffnut)had to ask

"Hey..where's Hiccup?"

Than Ruffnut.

"Yeah, Astrid, where is Hiccup? Arnt you normally with him?"

"Uh yeah about that.... The mission is to get Hiccup back safe. He left last night sometime. I don't know why but when I find him, if he isn't dead I'm going to kill him.."

"Wait, if the mission is to get him home safe, than why are you going to kill him?"

Leave it to Snotlout to say something. That's when I just yelled

"YOU ALL HAVE AN HOUR TO PACK!! HURRY!!"

That's when they left me there and went away. All except Ruff.

"Are you ok Astrid?"

"Uh yeah why?"

"Because I know your worried. And because it's Hiccup. Are you sure?"

"Yes Ruff, thanks.."

I gave her a smile and she left. I'm so glad only girls know how I feel....and Hiccup. But he had better be safe and careful. I don't need to lose him. And Stoick needs him. I've got to get him home safe.

Hiccup's POV.

Toothless and I have been looking for the dragon in the mountains for an hour. I was getting frustrated. Toothless Noticed so he went down near a stream. I got off and just lauded down. I was getting tired and angry!

Just than Toothless laid by me and looked at me with his smile. I had to smile at that face. He may be a little hard to handle sometimes but he's my best friend. He always makes me happy.

"Ok Toothless, what do you think we should do?"

"Rrbhgrgr"

"Hmmm ok. But after we eat. I see some fish around."

We got a few fish and sat by the stream. Toothless cooked mine for me, so it was good. I calmed down a lot after that. So now we went off flying again to come across the dragon. I guess calming would help. We flew to a hiding spot and studied it. Making sure it didn't see us.

"He's magnificent Toothless. Look at him!"

After I said that I think it heard me.... Oh no..