Chapter 24

Hiccup's POV.

Astrid and I woke up at 8 to the sound of the horn going off. It was just 1 blow so it was a visitor. I figured I should go out and show I'm the chiefs son. So I got up and put my armor on. Right as I was putting the top half on I felt arms around me. So I turned around and gave Astrid a kiss good morning.

After I did she blushed and I put the rest of my armor on. She was dressed in her clothes from the other day so she was ok. Once I was dressed, I put my helmet under my arm and my Grunckle iron sword by my side. Than I heard Astrid say

"Man, I love a guy in armor.."

"Haha what? Really?"

"Did I say that out loud?"

"Hahahahaha yeah Astrid, you did. But it's a good thing you do."

I gave her a smile and we walked out the house. I saw the chief of the Slauter tribe, and somebody next to him.. He looks like he's a year or so older than us. Hmm

I walked up to dad and he was talking to Drako. Drako introduced us to his son.

"Well Stoick, it's nice to be here. Hello Hiccup. This is my son, heir to the Slauter tribe. Lankton. I hope he is ok to stay here a few days before we leave to this Island."

So of course dad had to be nice about this and say

"Of course. You are welcome here when ever in need or for a visit."

Just after they talked, I introduced myself to Lankton.

"Hey, I'm Hiccup, this is my girlfriend Astrid. Nice to meet you"

I put my hand out to shake but he just looked at me like I was funny.

"I don't shake hands with little people."

"Excuse me? Your on my island and i'm the chiefs son, you show respect."

"Respect to what? A branch? How about I take your little girlfriend and you leave."

Thats when I was about to punch the guy in the face. I put my hand in a fist than Astrid put her hand on my shoulder. She whispered to me

"Hiccup, it's ok. Just calm down and we will walk away."

I wasn't going to argue with her. So I did what she suggested. I walked away from the guy and we went to go flying. That guy had some nerve to say such things to me. He obviously doesn't know who he's dealing with.

Lankton's POV.

That Hiccup fellow has some nerve speaking to me in such a way. I should teach him a lesson. But I have a better idea. That girl he's with. She is dashing. Maybe I'll just break the 2 apart. That would be a win win for me. I get a beautiful women, and I break him to nothing.

Just than father spoke to me.

"Lankton, if you mess anything up here, I'll send you away. And don't expect to come back. This is the third tribe that we have allied with because of you. Got that?"

I just gave him a smile

"Yes father...."

He walked away and all I thought about was to hurt that little son of the chief. He doesn't deserve respect or that girl. He deserves nothing but living as an outcast.

Astrid's POV.

After we walked away from that guy we went flying. I said let's go to the cove so we were headed there. Hiccup looked angry. I know how to stop that. But that Lankton had some nerve. I mean he might be bigger than Hiccup, but he is annoying, rather stupid, and has no manners.

Hiccup and I got to the cove and he got off Toithless. He walked straight to the water and say down. I got off Stormfly and sat on his lap. So he asked

"Astrid, what are you doing?"

"Well I wanted to see if my baby was ok"

"Well I'm just fine."

"Oh really? Than why do you have your adorable angry face on?"

I started to giggle and I saw him smile a little bit. HA!

"I'm not angry.."

"Oh really?"

"Ye-

I just kissed him and he kissed back. I knew I would get him feeling fine. It was sweet. Than he stopped and asked me what I thought of Lankton.

"Well personally Hicc, I don't like him. He disrespected you, he's rude, annoying and he seems like he isn't to smart."

"Wow. You got that from him talking a couple minutes? Man I love you!"

"And I love you"

I kissed him again and it was nice being alone and quiet. He seemed happier than before and I'm glad I can make him happy. I just want him happy all the time.

Than when it was getting dark he spoke

"You know that we are leaving for war soon."

"I know.."

"You know I will have to fight."

"Yeah....... I don't want you to."

"I must Astrid..... I'm the chiefs son."

"And? You my boyfriend."

"I know. But I must. Just please understand."

"Why should I?"

"Because I love you and your my girlfriend."

"Well than. I guess we should pack to so when we get there we have everything."

"Yeah.."

We got up and went home. It was late and I just went to bed. I don't know what he did but I'm sure he stayed up and thought. I don't know why but I fell Asleep. Until I had that nightmare again........