The park

Today was the day you had been waiting for! You and Toby were going to spend some quality time together. No distractions. No bullies. No parents. It was going to be perfect! You woke up unusually early that morning considering it was a Saturday. You got out of bed and went to the bathroom to shower and do your daily routine. As you were heading back to your room you caught a glimpse of your reflection. Your hair was still a little bit damp from the shower and it hung loosely around your face. Your usually tired dull (e/c) eyes were bright and full of excitement. You (s/c) skin seemed to glow in the sunlight and your smile created a warm and friendly aura around you. Once you got to your room you picked out an outfit that was casual but classy. You dried and styled your hair to suit how you were feeling and hurried downstairs to get some breakfast before heading out.

On your way downstairs you glimpsed out of the window and saw the the storm from last night had completely cleared up. Instead the grey sky had been replaced with a crystal clear blue sky with small fluffy clouds gliding along its surface. Streams of warm sunlight flooded into your house creating pools of warmth by the windowsill. You smiled to yourself and happily skipped down the stairs, your hair bobbing up and down slightly as you did. You went into the kitchen to see your dad making bacon and eggs on the stove. He looked up and smiled brightly at you then carried on with making breakfast. You sat down at the table and got out your phone to browse through social media until breakfast was ready. "You look all dressed up today. Is it a special occasion?" Your dad asked you whilst setting down a plate of food in front of you. "Mmhhmm me and Toby are going to the park by the woods today!" You excitedly replied before tucking into your delicious food. "You look lovely sweetheart." Your mother said as she walked down the stairs and tucked a piece of your hair behind your when she passed you.

By the time you had finished you breakfast it was 10:45. You put your shoes on, grabbed your keys and phone and headed towards the door. "Be careful (y/n)!" Your dad called to you before you closed the door. You rolled your eyes at his over protective nature and muttered a quick 'bye' before leaving the house and closing the door behind you. You set of down the road and crossed the street to the side with the woods on it. The woods always scared people because of how easy it was to lose your sense of direction and people even started believing that there was something in there taking people lives. The story's on the news didn't help the suspicions either. You were never really bothered by the woods and found it to be quite peaceful. As you gazed through the lush green trees a few squirrels scurrying by caught your eye. The morning sun sliced through the leaves creating angelic ribbons of light that filled the atmosphere in the forest. Small flowers of every color decorated the floor of the woods and created a sweet smelling aroma that danced on the summers breeze. The woods really were your favourite place.

As you continued you came to a small path that lead to a grassy clearing in the woods with a simple set of swings, a slide, a roundabout and some benches. On one of the benches you could see your best friend sat with his back to you staring off dreamily into the distance. Carefully, you tiptoed across to the bench and crept up behind him. Once you were directly behind him you leaned close to his ear and shouted "TOOBBY!" as loud as you could. Toby screamed like a little girl and fell backward off of the bench causing you to break out into a fit of laughter. "(Y/n) you scared the hell out of me!" Toby whines whilst brushing himself off. You knew he was being deadly serious as well because he said the entire sentence without stuttering. "Sorry I couldn't help it!" You said between laughs. You had laughed so much that your sides were hurting and you felt like rolling around on the floor. Toby pouted and walked over to the swings motioning for you to sit on the one next to him. You sat down and swung back and forth lightly.

You and Toby had talked for hours and you had updated him on EVERYTHING that had happened at school. Toby had brought some waffles for lunch and even though they were cold they were still delicious. Everything was perfect. You and Toby were trying to balance on the top of the slide when you heard rustling coming from trees. "Well well well look what we have here! It's the twitching freak and his girlfriend." You and Toby jumped off the slide and turned your attention to the voice coming from the pathway. There stood the school bully Trevor Boldmere. You had never had any trouble with him but when Toby was still at school it was always Trevor who gave him bruises and made fun of his tics. You glared at him and rested your hand on your hip, he started to approach you and Toby so you spoke up "Leave us alone Trevor you have no business with us." You confidently said, your stare not leaving him. "Sorry doll, but I can't leave here until I've released my anger on something." He said as his glare shifted from you to Toby. "G-get o-out of here o-or else." Toby stuttered. His fists were clenched by his side so hard that his nails were digging into his palms and his knuckles were turning white. "Or else what freak? You'll twitch at me?" Trevor said as he proceeded to laugh his head off at his own joke. Before you could even say anything Toby lunged at Trevor and punched him straight in the face. Your jaw dropped slight as you never would have expected that from Toby. Trevor tried to return to his feet but was kicked in the gut by Toby. He rolled around on the floor and groaned in pain coughing up blood every so often. The blonde haired boy hastily scrambled to his feet and began running off in the direction of the woods. You glanced over at Toby who clearly wasn't finished with him. He picked up a large rock and threw it at Trevor as he ran, hitting him right in the dead. Blood seeped through and stained his blonde locks as he stumbled around struggling to stay conscious.

At this point you were on the brink of tears. You'd never seen Toby like that before and it scared you so much. Toby was heavily breathing and looking down at the ground with a shadow cast over his eyes. The realisation of what he'd done hit you hard and you slowly started back away from his shaking form. He noticed your movement and turned his head to face you. His once rage filled eyes were now dull and had a petrified look to them. He reached a hand out to comfort you but you hit it away. "STAY AWAY FROM ME YOU MONSTER!" You yelled as loudly as you could. Once those words left your mouth a pained expression swept across Toby's face and tears started streaming down his cheeks. You covered your mouth with your hands realising what you said, but before you could apologise Toby sped off out of the forest and down the path. You broke down onto your knees and began sobbing loudly. You'd just lost your closest friend, maybe even forever. But you were determined to make things right again.