3 - VOLTO

"So you just woke up in this tower?" Luke asked the girl. She nodded.

"Do you think she's a part of the virtual world?" Sean asked Victor listening in to the conversation.

"It's possible, like a programmed character or something," Victor muttered typing away on the keyboard. There was something weird about this code. Glancing at his watch he silently cursed. He would have to look into it later.

"I'm going to have to bring you guys back soon," Victor told them. "We are running out of time."

Luke saddened at his words. He didn't want to leave this interesting world and this fascinating girl. She seemed so lonely. He shared a look with Kota who seemed to be feeling the same way.

"I've downloaded the code onto my computer so I should be able to access the virtual world from campus."

"You are leaving?" the girl asked trying to keep the sadness out of her voice.

"We have to but we will be back," Kota promised. "My name is Kota, this is Luke. The voice you keep hearing is Victor, and the other one who was here before is Nathan." She nodded her understanding though her eyes betrayed her sadness at them leaving.

"Did I just hear you deliberately not introducing me to the pretty girl in the virtual world?" Sean asked loudly. Kota rolled his eyes.

"That is Sean." She giggled slightly at their interactions before greeting the new voice.

"Where are you going?" she asked.

"To the real world," Kota told her before he thought about it. She tilted her head slightly confused.

"This isn't real?" Luke and Kota shared another look before turning back to her.

"No, this is a virtual world created by a powerful computer."

"So I'm not real?" she asked pointing to herself. No one said anything for a second, but then Kota stepped forward.

"Of course you are real. You are talking with us. If I reach out-," he stated moving closer touching his hand to her arm, "- I can touch you. Therefore you are real. You exist." She smiled slightly at his words but a thought suddenly had her frowning.

"But I don't' even have a name."

"Of course you do, Sugar!" Luke smiles widely. She giggled at his expression already feeling better.

"Your name might be somewhere in the code. I can look for it," Victor stated.

"Thank you," she told them all as sincerely as she could. Even if she wasn't real. Even if she never saw them again. She was thankful she knew them even if it was just for a little while.

Victor successfully managed to bring Kota and Luke back from the virtual world. Fortunately they felt much better than Nathan had after their return trip. They all headed back to their dorms getting only a few hours of sleep before classes started the next day.

Victor wished classes would be canceled. All he wanted was more sleep and some answers from this code. He typed away on his computer in his room waiting for the others to join him, Kota, and Nathan. They needed to debrief everyone from what happened and everything and everyone they found. After a while Sean and Owen entered the room, the last ones to arrive.

"Mr. Lee, report."

"We arrived at the factory on time and determined that it was safe to enter the virtual world. Nathan, Luke, and I were virtualized into the world," he paused letting everyone take it in. "Upon arrival, we began to scout the area."