11 - Finished

"I finished it," Victor stated looking at his computer is amazement. This caught the attention of his brothers who were scattered through the apartment.

"What?" Kota asked him walking over to him. Victor looked up at him smiling widely.

"I finished Sang's code." Cheers went up from everywhere in the apartment. Victor immediately called Sang.

"Hello, Vic-," her voice cut out upon hearing the celebratory shouts in the background. "What's going on?" she asked worried. He shook his head and smiled at her.

"How would you like to make some tacos tomorrow?" he asked her. She stared at him for a moment not really understanding. "I finished your code." She froze before breaking out into a wide grin.

"Tomorrow you're coming home, trouble," Gabriel yelled at the screen. That night was one of the best any of the team members could remember but all of them agreed that the next night would be better because their tenth would finally be with them.

"Okay are you ready, Princess?" Victor asked her as he sat in the familiar factory chair

"As ready as I'll ever be," Sang replied as she exited her tower. She picked the forest sector to leave from. It was where she first met the boys. She prepared herself for the real world when a familiar feeling made her heart drop.

"Victor, I feel pulsations," she stated. Of course, VOLTO would try to get in the way.

The team stood around the computer shocked at this turn of events. Suddenly banging from the basement became apparent. Luke, North, and Silas headed to the scanners while the rest of the headed to check out the noise.

The noise led to a small room on the ground floor. They entered but before they got very far the door slammed shut behind them. The sound of the lock clicking into place echoed around the room. They were trapped.

The others met Sang not too far from the activated tower

The others met Sang not too far from the activated tower. They could see it up ahead but there were more monsters than there had ever been guarding it. This would be difficult.

"Guys, try and hurry. VOLTO has trapped the rest of the team in a room on the ground floor of the factory. Sean says there is some sort of gas beginning to fill the room. My scanners show that will enough it exposure it could kill them," Victor informed them.

Now highly motivated they began to fight. They were winning when it happened. North had been pushed back to the edge of the clearing. Luke noticed and headed toward him. One of the cockroaches aimed at North's back. He wouldn't see it coming.

Luke moved on instinct. In a second he was standing in front of the shot. The force of it pushed him over the edge sending him spiraling into the digital sea. North stared in horror at the disintegrating form of his brother.

In moments the rest of the monsters were victims of North's rage. Sang entered the tower and quickly deactivated it. The rest of team freed themselves form the poisoned room and made their way back to the computer room. Sang stood in the clearing with North and Silas, both looking devastated.

"You have to use the code," Sang told Victor.

"It's only good for one use." They would have to choose between their brother and Sang. None of them wanted to make that decision.

"It's not a choice, bring him back. You can figure out another way to get me out of here. I believe in you, in all of you," she stated looking between North and Silas. Victor held in his tears as he initiated the code but instead of Sang he targeted Luke, the remnants of his code still present in the system.

He brought North and Silas back and then went to work for Luke. It wasn't too much longer until the scanner opened to reveal an unconscious Luke. In moments he was awake.

"How?" he asked looking around at them confused.

"Victor used Sang's code to bring you back," Nathan told him.

"You idiot!" North raged at him. "Why would you take that shot?!"

"Because you would have done it for me," he smirked back. North hugged him tightly before releasing him and walking away.

They all reconvened in the computer room. Victor looked disheartened. He didn't know what to do. The same thing wouldn't work twice. VOLTO had already put protocols in place to block it. He would have to use something else, a different code, but he was exhausted and out of ideas.

"I think we should call in back-up," Owen stated looking over his team. They were exhausted, stretched thin. They needed help if they ever wanted to save Sang and defeat VOLTO. "I think we should call in Corey from the Toma team to help you rewrite the code."

Victor nodded. He didn't even try to argue. He needed help and Corey was just as good with computers as he was. Sang needed to best and the best she would get. Luke and North looked guilty but the others quickly nipped that in the bud. It wasn't either of their faults. Things happen. It's not all over. They will still get Sang out just not today.

"What is this for again?" Corey asked Victor not quite understanding why they need help with this

"What is this for again?" Corey asked Victor not quite understanding why they need help with this. It didn't sound possible.

"It's a special project," Victor told him staying vague on purpose. They didn't know if the other team would support their goal to free Sang or condemn it as too big of a risk and shut VOLTO down prematurely. Corey finally relented.

"We owed you so I'll do it. I'm just curious. It's a crazy idea." Victor and he brainstormed for hours. Finally they worked out a plan and Victor felt his hope start to return. Victor decided he should work on Sang's code and gave Corey the task of tracing the money back to the corrupt Headmasters. It was a project that Victor could explain in full and Corey was happy to help with.