Double Date

Mingyu POV

My current predicament was anything but calming. Seokie had arranged for me, him, Jisoo, and Jihoon to go on a double date.

I was going on a double date and my partner was someone I didn't even know if I could call a friend yet. I would like to think we're friends, but you never know.

I nervously paced around the room throwing clothes left and right in search of the perfect outfit. I wasn't new to dating, but Jihoon felt different. I felt as if I needed to look nothing short of perfect for him.

Seokmin and Jisoo would be here in another half hour and the only thing I had managed to accomplish so far was a shower.

We were going to the aquarium downtown, so I didn't need to wear anything fancy. I finally decided on some ripped jeans with a black belt, a long-sleeved black and white striped shirt, and some black Converse.

Before I could catch my breath there was a honk outside of my apartment. I grabbed my wallet and headed outside. After locking the door behind me, I climbed into the backseat of Seokmin's car.

"Hey Seokie. Hey Jisoo," I greeted.

"Hey," they both replied. "Ready for our double date?" Jisoo asked looking back at me and wiggling his eyebrows.

"Yeah," I answered, nervousness evident in my voice. If Jisoo heard it he didn't say anything though.

Seokmin had already pulled out of the parking lot and was headed down the street. I sat looking out the window and silently prayed that I wouldn't embarrass myself in front of Jihoon today.

I was brought back to reality when the door opposite me opened and Lee Jihoon in all his glory scooted in.

I couldn't help but take a moment to admire the boy next to me. He was wearing dark blue ripped jeans and a black shirt with suspenders. He had on white vans and his hair was now a light blonde.

I may have admired him a little longer than I had originally intended. I came to this realization when he waved his hand in front of my face in an attempt to get my attention.

I felt heat rise to my cheeks as I smiled and looked away. Well, so much for not embarrassing myself today.

"Hi Woozi! Hey," Jisoo and Seokie said together.

I made a mental note to ask about the Woozi thing later. He waved at them with a small smile on his face.

About halfway through the trip I leaned over and whispered to Jihoon as softly as I could manage. "Do you have your notepad with you?" He smiled at me and nodded slightly.

"Could I see it?"

Within a few moments, he had handed me his notepad and a pen.

"I'm sorry if Seokie forced you into this whole double date thing. I know it was kind of a last-minute idea," I wrote as quickly and as neatly as I could.

I watched as he read over it and scribbled down a response.

"Don't worry he didn't force me. I thought it would be fun, and besides, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see you again." I knew that I had been desperate to see Jihoon again, but I can't say I'm not surprised he felt the same.

I offered him a warm smile, which he returned before we both went back to looking out of our respective windows.

When we finally arrived downtown and successfully found a decent parking spot, we all climbed out of the car.

After stretching out our stiff legs we all headed towards the front entrance of the aquarium. Seokie had already taken hold of Jisoo's hand, leaving me to feel slightly jealous of the pair in front of me.