Hide and Seek

Jisoo POV

My head is pounding as I begin to slowly awaken from my slumber. I open my eyes only to find that I'm still surrounded by darkness. I try to move my hands to my eyes, but they're tied together behind my back.

"What's wrong? Confused?" I hear a strange voice ask before my eyes are being uncovered.

His face brings back everything I've forgotten upon waking up.

I was heading back home from the corner store, where I went to pick up a few things late one night when it happened. Before I could even comprehend what was happening, a man rounded the corner, covered my mouth with a strange smelling rag, and I passed out.

I struggle against the ropes around my wrists as I realize the gravity of the situation I've found myself in.

"You're not going anywhere Jisoo," the man says with a sadistic smile on his face. "Not until I've had my fun."

"How do you know my name?!" I ask still struggling against the ropes.

"I know everything about you," he responds.

I stop struggling and stare at him wide eyed. "What does that mean? What do you want from me?!"

"I want you to pay for putting Minsoo in jail to rot!" he practically yells at me.

"Whose-" I begin to ask, only to stop as the pieces fall into place in my mind.

The only person who's ever ended up in jail because of me was Jihoon's uncle. But that was years ago now.

"Why now?" I question, letting my curiosity get the best of me.

"Better late than never," is all he says before taking another step towards me. Too close for comfort.

He pulls a small knife from his pocket before resting it against my neck in a threatening manner.

"Should I kill you right now, or should I torture you until your screams die out?" he asks laughing. "I can't imagine that little boyfriend of yours will make it here fast enough to save you either way! Oh, but don't worry! I left him a little hint."

"Seokmin" is my last thought before the man slams the knife into my shoulder, and I begin to scream in agony.

Seokmin POV

I feel numb as I stare down at the note in my shaking hands. It reads:

Dear Seokmin,

I'm the one who stole your precious Jisoo from you. Don't worry though, you can have him back, or at least what's left of him by the time I'm done exacting my revenge. How does it feel? Knowing that I have him hidden far away from you. I could do anything to him and you won't know until it's too late. Should I torture him? Rape him? Keep him for myself? Kill him instantly? The possibilities are endless Seokie. I hope you don't mind, I like your friend Mingyu's little nickname for you. I do have one hint for you Seokie, although you may not find it too helpful. Jisoo is hidden far away, in the darkest corner of this town, in the basement of a place he once used to go to before he knew you. This hint is extremely valuable, that is, if Jisoo's managed to open up to you about his past. If not, you may never see him again. Good luck Seokie, I hope to see you soon. It'll be more fun if you're able to find us. But please do come alone. You wouldn't want anything to happen to Jisoo if you don't listen to me would you?

Your friend, Hyunkyo

"Jisoo.." I whisper into the silence of our kitchen.

I returned home today hoping to shower and then visit Jihoon, who is now awake, at the hospital, but it looks like that won't be happening.