Let's Talk

Mingyu POV

Today was the day. Two weeks ago Jihoon gave me a note that said he wanted to talk. Two weeks ago I texted him and asked where he would feel safe to meet. Two weeks ago we decided that we would meet at the coffee shop before coming back to my place for said talk.

After getting ready with shaky hands, I got in my car and drove to the coffee shop we met in. We haven't known each other for very long, but that day feels like forever ago.

I took a deep breath as I stepped inside the small, familiar building. Jihoon was already waiting for me at a table for two in the back corner. I ordered a coffee and after I received it I headed over to sit down.

"Hey Jihoon. How are you doing?"

He wrote down a response and slid the notepad over. It read, "I'm great! Thank you for agreeing to meet up with me. I didn't know how willing you'd be to do something like this, but I appreciate it."

I smiled and replied, "Of course. I was looking forward to doing this. We haven't really gotten the chance to get to know each other yet." He smiled and nodded. God I love his smile.

We sat in silence while we finished our drinks. Then I led him out to my car and I drove us back to my place. When we arrived I unlocked the door and led him inside.

"I know it's not much, but it's home," I mumbled out.

We sat down on the couch and he pulled out his notepad once again. "It's beautiful," he wrote.

"Thank you. What do you want to know about first?"

That's when he began to write. Jihoon took his time with every word he wrote down. I could only watch in awe. His handwriting was probably the best I have ever seen in my entire life. After he was done he handed it over to me.

"Everything. Your hobbies, favorite music, best friends, what you ate for dinner last night, everything. Just tell me about you."

I looked up to see another huge grin on his face. I nodded before asking, "Do you mind if I write too? I know you probably don't do it just because, so I feel like it might make you more comfortable." He nodded eagerly before finding another pen and handing it to me.

"I'm warning you though, my writing is not nearly as pretty as yours," I laughed.

I handed the notepad back over to him when I was finished. He took his time reading, just as he had when he was writing.

I had written, in semi-good handwriting, "Well, my hobbies involve binge-watching series' on TV and rapping when I get the chance. I love all music. My best friend is Seokmin, whom I tell everything and trust wholeheartedly. Last but not least, I had crackers for dinner last night. Sad, but very true."

Jihoon's smile got wider as he read my response, and I swear if he talked he would be laughing pretty hard right now.

Before I knew it he was handing over his next written response. "First of all, thank you for writing with me, it does make me feel more relaxed. Secondly, your writing is beautiful and unique despite what you may say. Also, I don't think crackers are the healthiest meal choice Mingyu."

I laughed as I chose my next words, "Why thank you, and crackers were more than enough for dinner. Instead of silently judging my life choices, tell me about you, Mr. Perfect."