Chapter 6 - Ditch the Predictability

Previously:
- While looking for the sketchbook, Newt, Thomas, and Angela met up with James Dashner
- James explained to them everything that happened and why it did
- Angela and Thomas now believed that Newt is the real thing
- Newt figured out where (Y/N) is now
- Meanwhile (Y/N) was checking out the Rosewood Institute and has her first session with her doctor on her second day in the asylum

Chapter 6 - Ditch the Predictability

11:00 am

(Y/N)'s first session was with a woman named Ms. Jean Collins. A middle aged woman with dark hair fixed in a bun. Seeing her made (Y/N) think of a very strict principal. Especially with her glasses and downgrading stare.

The room she entered has a certain old feeling into it. With the wooden desk and bookshelves around the room covered with books. Not a single gadget in sight. Oh wait, there was a phone. There wasn't even an air conditioner around. They were simply relying on the weather.

She felt like she was in the a period movie. With the dress that Ms. Collins was wearing, (Y/N) certainly felt like she was in the Victorian Era. She might start speaking in British accent and spout Shakespearean dialogue of she felt like it.

Throughout their session, Ms. Collins just asked (Y/N) about why she thinks she's there. (Y/N) answered truthfully saying that everyone thinks she's crazy for believing something everyone thinks is a dream. Ms. Collins took notes as she talked. It wasn't exactly what (Y/N) had expected. It was just like her first therapy session which seemed like years ago. But there was something different.

There was something entrancing about the place. Was it the rays of the sunshine peeking through the open window? Was it the old feeling the office had with its interior design? (Y/N) couldn't figure it out but there was something that was just telling her to stay.

Before she knew it, their hour was up. (Y/N) spent all of it talking and Ms. Collins taking notes. Ms. Collins must have figured her out or have known a lot about her during the entire session. While (Y/N) didn't know anything about her at all. Well, the point was getting to know her, not the other way around.

The session truly wasn't anything she expected. She thought that the therapist would be giving her drilling questions or maybe hypnotism. But it was nothing like that. Ms. Collins just wanted to get to know her.

She told Ms. Collins about everything but what James told her in his visit yesterday. She didn't know if Ms. Collins believed her or not (probably the latter), but she didn't want to raise any signs that she was trying to escape.

"I can see you want to say something else," Ms. Collins said. "Go on."

"I don't understand why I need to be placed in an asylum. I can live normally," (Y/N) said.

"It says here that you've been having nightmares and that you have trouble sleeping."

"So? Everyone experiences that."

"True," she agreed, "but not dreams of dying every night. According to these files, you're not living normally."

She proceeded to mention that moments that John told her. The days when she thought that she was doing one thing but it turns out she was doing another thing.