Chapter 16

Me and Jake walk downstairs and back out to the backyard and see Kelly cleaning Victor face with a wet napkin like he's a two year old. When we walk up to them Kelly spots Jake then puts her hand on her hip glaring at him.

"Why didn't you get the first aid kit Kelly?" I ask.

"Because I didn't want to leave Victor out here alone and if i brought him near the party your family would ask questions" she say through her teeth. Her eyes shift to Jake again. " Well..." she says waiting for a apology. Jake rolls his eyes at her then look at the ground.

" Sorry" he say more like a whisper.

"Excuse me Jake but I didn't catch that. I'm not even sure if you were talking to Victor or the ground" Kelly says harshly.

"I'm sorry" Jake says loud enough for Victor to hear him.

Kelly annoyed face turns into an amused smile. Victor smirks at Jake and nods his head accepting his apology.

"See, that wasn't so bad now was it Jake?" Kelly smiles.

"Oh fucking kill me now" Jake says under his breath. He grabs my hand and pulls me with him as we head back in the house. I turn around and Kelly gives me a 'thank you' look and I nod at her. We go back into the house and enjoy the party.

*****

Its been a week since the cookout.  My mom happened to talk to Jake and is starting to like him a little. My dad on the other hand still don't like him that much. My mom told Jake she was hoping to have him over for dinner again. They also said that Jake can not come over unless an adult is home. Today I went to school and had a normal day. Kelly should be having dinner with her parents tonight with Victor to give the big news. When I get home I do my homework and take a long nap. When I wake up its 7:pm so I decided to change in my yoga pants and tank top. I put my hair up into a messy bun and run downstairs.  As I'm walking downstairs I smell my mom strong perfume that she only wears to big events.  When I get to the kitchen I see my mom in a very nice formal gown and my dad with a dress shirt on. My mom is helping him put his cufflinks in his dress shirt.  I wasn't expecting them to be leaving.  Which would be great because I'll have the house to myself.  Andrew is at his friends house this week so its only me. I walk in further into the kitchen.  My mom turns and smiles at me.

"Oh Honey, me and your father is going to be going away for the week" she says while grabbing my dad's suit jacket and helping him put it on.

"Now Tweety its very important that you and Andrew lock up he house at night" he says.

"But Andrew is staying at his friends house" I tell my dad.

" Honey you fathers thinks its better if Andrew stays here with you so I told Andrew to be here tonight" my mom says. I scream to myself on the inside.  I'm not 6 years old. I can take care of myself.  My dad just want Andrew to keep an eye on me so I won't have Jake here. I give my mom and dad a fake smile showing all my teeth.

"Well that's great" I tell them. Before I know it I hear Andrew enter the house. I hear him yell I'm home and his footsteps get louder as he walks into the kitchen. 

"Now that your here Andrew, we can leave" my mom says. She walks up to me and kiss my cheek and then Andrew's leaving a red lipstick mark on our faces. " Well you two take care of yourselves" she says. My dad grab there suitcases and head out to his car. Me and Andrew stand at the door waving bye. When the pull off I look at Andrew.

"Okay let's make a deal here. Obviously dad wants you to babysit me because he doesn't want me alone with Jake in the house so..... how about you let me have Jake over when I want and I give you a hundred dollars right now" I tell him. Andrew rubs the little bit of stumble under his chin as he thinks about my deal.