Chapter 22

Unedited

I wake up with bright lights shining in my eyes. I try to hold back from opening my eyes but I have to know where im at. When I fully open my eyes I see the white ceiling full of lights. I was definitely in the hospital.  I tilt my head slowly to my left and see Andrew sitting there smiling and holding my hand.

"About fucking time," he says. Im glad to see him but upset to see that Jake is not here by my side to. I sit up a little and look at Andrew.

"How long have I been out?" I try to say as loud as I can. My throat was really dry. Andrew frowns at me.

"For about a months" he says without emotions. My begin to flip out. I try to say something but choke on my saliva that suddenly seemed to moist my mouth.I look at Andrew and he's laughing his ass off. He helps me sit up better and pats my back.

"Im just kidding, its only been a few hours" he chuckles.

"Asshole" I whisper yell at him. He sits back down then pulls out his phone. Images of my dad's body covered out on the stretcher comes to me.

"Is he really dead Andrew?" I fill tears build up in my eyes.

"Yes" Andrew say emotionless.I don't know how he can withstand it. I guess guys are better hiding there emotions. I can't deal with it.

"Where's Jake" I ask Andrew.

Andrew face falls to sympathy.  I know what he's about to tell me can't be good at all.

"Jake had to go away. He gave me this letter early yesterday morning before your spa day with mom. He told me to give this to you when you got home from the dinner but obviously no one knew something tragic would happen to dad" he hands me a letter like all the ones he left throughout out the spa day.

I take a deep breath as I take the letter from Andrew's hand. Andrew stands up and walks out the room to give me some privacy. As I open the letter I noticed my hands were shaking.

"Dear Ariel,
AS you know, someone close to me is getting sick and I really need to be there for them. I hate to say this but im leaving you. Its better this way. I felt like I only brought drama and disappointment in your life. I think we should give each other time to ourselves and when I say that I mean, end our relationship.  I want you to be something that I know I cant be. Make your family proud.  I'm sure you'll forget about me sooner or later. I wish I could've been a better boyfriend.  Did I even take you out on a date yet? I dont even think I had the decency to. Im such an ass. Just fucking know that I always loved you. I just think you deserve better. I messed up, i messed up big time. You'll thank me later
~Jake

I drop the letter on my lap with nothing else to say. He's fucking leaving me. He's leaving me at the worst timing. I feel like someone burned a whole in my heart.  Our plans after high school changed. I was supposed to move in with him. We wanted to go to the University of California together but now that's changed. Maybe my dad right him being full of trouble. But you know what? I love not only him but I love his trouble too.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
MONTH LATER

Going back to school was stressful.  I thought a lot of people stared at me when Jake was around me but now that everyone found out my father died and Jake left me, everyone gets silent when I walk into class. I tried calling Jake over a hundred times but it only went to voicemail.  One time it actually rung but he didn't answer. After awhile his mailbox became full so I couldn't leave voicemails of me cursing him out, sobbing to him, and begging him to come back to me. Kelly found out what I was doing and gave me a whole lecture about how I need to move on and find some other dude to forget him. She wants to be the one to take me out to the club but he's pregnant. She hates being around alcohol that she can't chug down. So instead she got Victor to hangout with him tonight with his friends at a club. My Kelly is always doing something. I smile to myself.  I look at the clock at the front of my last class and watch the last minute go by until its time to leave. As soon as the bell rings I grab bookbag and head for the door. I go to my locker and pull on my hoodie and head to the parking lot.  As I'm walking to my car someone grabs hold of my wrist.  I quickly turn around and see Henry. I haven't seen him since the beginning of the school year when Jake decided to punch him in the face.