Revenge is sandy

I slowly woke up to the sound of my phone going off. I grabbed it and looked who it was. It was Asher and before I got the chance to answer, it stopped ringing. I set my phone on the stand, but then I picked it up again to check the time

10:45

My eyes widened and I jumped out of bed. I rushed to throw on the outfit I had already picked out. I brushed my hair and opened my bedroom window. I was going to have to sneak out.

I hopped out on to the roof and closed the window. I made my way to the edge and looked over so that I could see my way down. I sat down on the edge and stretched my leg down until I could feel the railing. I balanced myself on the railing and let go of the roof, then I jumped from the railing down to the sand. I looked around and made sure no one way in sight and jogged my way down to where I was suppose to meet them.

"About time," Lexie said as I got to them.

"Sorry, I fell asleep." I replied.

"Well, we started the hole."

I looked down at the hole and I could tell that they had started. All three of us continued to dig until it was big enough to fit a body. Lexie goes over to a tree a few feet away from where we were and pulled a big blanket from behind it. I grabbed the edges of one side and went to one side of the hole, her on the other.

We laid the blanket down over the hole and made sure that no one could tell that there was a hole under it. She also went over to the tree and pulled out a picnic basket.

"You told him it was a date and you were having a picnic right?" Lexie asked me.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Date?" Asher questioned and I looked at Lexie.

"A fake date," Lexie told him.

"With Austin?" he asked looking at me.

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"It's part of our plan."

"What is your plan exactly?"

"You will find out tomorrow morning." I said and checked the time.

"You both need to go before he gets here," I said ushering them both away.

Asher hesitated before he slowly made his way back to his house. Lexie set the picnic basket down on the sand right next to the blanket and made her way into the trees where her post was.

I walked back to the house, not all the way though. I waited almost 5 minutes before he came outside and met me. I sent Lexie a text before leading him to the spot.

"I want to thank you for this summer, it has been fun," he said to me.

"Yeah, I think it's about to become even better too," I told him inwardly laughing.

I led him over to the fake picnic and stand on the edge of the sand, right next to the blanket. I waited for him to sit down and pretended that I was about to sit down. He sat down and I quickly pull the blanket out from under him and he automatically fell into the shallow hole.

"What the heck!" he exclaimed.

Lexie showed up next to me and we both started to cover him with the sand that we dug up that we had put into pails. We went back and forth to get them from where she was hiding until we dumped all of the sand over him.

Lexie made sure that all the sand was packed down before we both stood back and admired our work. His whole body, except for his head and neck, was buried in sand. I laughed and Austin looked at us like we were insane.