Prologue

~Flashback~ (9 years ago they were 7)

Nicole and Lexie were playing in the school playground. They both liked Shane, a boy that went to school with them. That day was like any other day until Shane actually came over to talk to them.

"Hello girls." Shane said.

"Hey Shane!" Both girls chorused back.

Shane smiled at both of them and then turned his attention on to Nicole.

"I was thinking, you should be my girlfriend because I really like you." He said.

Nicole was about to say yes, but then she looked at Lexie. Lexie was looking at the ground with a sad look on her face. Did Nicole really want to say yes even though Lexie liked him too? Did she want to possibly mess up their friendship?

"No thanks." Nicole said after she thought about it.

Shane looked at her with a shocked face which was also present on Lexie's face. Nicole grabbed Lexie's arm and dragged her off to a different part of the playground.

"Why did you say no?" Lexie asked with surprise in her voice.

"Because you like him too." Nicole said as if it should have been obvious.

"But he likes you!" Lexie protested.

"I don't want to ruin our friendship over some guy."

"Let's make a promise that we will live by for the rest of our lives." Lexie suggested.

"What is it?" Nicole asked.

"We will never let a boy come between our friendship." Lexie said and Nicole agreed.

"Promise?" Lexie asked and held out her pinky.

"Promise." Nicole said and wrapped her pinky around Lexie's

Comment! Vote! Tell me what you think! <3