Part 10: ☔️ ou sɹɐǝʇ ʇɟǝן oʇ ʎɹɔ

From Vanity Fair - March 27, 2018 

Nickelodeon has decided to part ways with Dan Schneider, the prolific creator behind hits like The Amanda Show, Drake & Josh, iCarly, Henry Danger, and more. The network has also decided to cancel his most recent show, Game Shakers. Nickelodeon made the announcement on Monday, releasing a joint statement with Schneider about his departure and the network's decision to no longer work with his production company, Schneider's Bakery.

Schneider was a long-term fixture at Nickelodeon, credited with jump-starting careers of dozens of young stars-including Amanda Bynes, Ariana Grande, and Victoria Justice - after casting them in his shows. His tenure at the network began in the early 1990s, when he was tapped for the kids' sketch-comedy series All That. He was a writer, producer, and show-runner for the series, before branching off to focus on The Amanda Show. According to Deadline.com, the status of some of his current shows remains unclear. Henry Danger will carry on as planned, but the fate of the animated series The Adventures of Kid Danger is still unknown .

Schneider's departure also may be more complicated than those boilerplate statements imply. His exit has been clouded by rumors, particularly "multiple complaints of abusive behavior" and "issues with bloated budgets and long production days" on his shows. Schneider has also "raised eyebrows" with some of his tweets, especially those that include photos of the toes of several young actresses on the show, Deadline notes. The outlet says that he has "well-documented temper issues for years" as well. Schneider has not yet responded to Vanity Fair's request for comment.

Ariana's POV:

Sigh...... everything had just started to calm down. 

Not that many people knew.... but for those that did, we had to tell them we're canceling the wedding for now. It was hard and it was sad, made even worse by finding out I might not be getting the Elphaba part anyway. If it was going to be that big of a deal to the Broadway snobs, then I don't want it anyway. 

In the middle of it all, Malcolm had to leave for his South America Lollapalooza shows. They're two weekends in a row.  At first I wished he didn't have to go, but then I was ok with it after a few days. We spend so much time together, we need a little break like that so I can miss him. A week and a half is perfect. There's a bunch of things he does that drive me crazy, like leaving his clothes on the bedroom and bathroom floor and apparently being physically unable to put a dish in the dishwasher. When he comes home I'm so happy to see him, I don't even mind his trail of clothing 💛

The day before he came home, I went to Washington DC to perform at the March For Our Lives. I grew up in Florida, so when the Parkland shooting happened I was devastated. I was looking into how I could help, then the kids who survived and became the voice of the movement contacted Scooter for help organizing their march. He was so impressed with how organized and dedicated they were, he agreed to help them. He asked me to come with him and do a song. I said yes without thinking about it, I'm so glad I went. The crowds were supportive and the message was emotional and powerful. I left feeling like I was a tiny bit of something that is going to be really huge and life changing.