Part 12: 😭 So many reasons that some things are better left unsaid...

"Sometimes, the reason for letting someone go is because they can't help but hurt you during this phase of their life

"Sometimes, the reason for letting someone go is because they can't help but hurt you during this phase of their life. When you love someone deeply, you learn what demons live within them and you realize they are hurting you because they are hurting somewhere within themselves. They are fighting a battle within and may not even know it, so they take it out on you and fight you.

Decide to let them go, but not because you're being petty and resentful. You let them go because you really believe that the both of you can find the healing you truly need without being together and hurting each other in the process. Letting someone go doesn't mean you stop loving and caring about anyone. Letting go means you're choosing freedom over the illusion of loyalty."  ~Horacio Jones

Ariana's Side:

I know, right? 

Sigh......

When Malcolm and I kissed at midnight on New Year's Eve, my resolutions and wishes were first, for Malcolm and I to continue to experience the happiness and growth we'd been working so hard for since the end of our tours.

Second, was for the successful launch of "Sweetener."

If anyone would've told me on December 31st that we'd be broken up by May, I would've punched them. It was that unthinkable to me.

Everything was normal... until the end of January. Malcolm, Jimmy, Air, and Q went to Malibu for their birthday trip. Malcolm, Air and Jimmy have birthdays within a few days of each other, so they always take a trip. This year, Malcolm decided they were going to stay local because he was taking them to South America in March for Lollapolooza.

The day before Malcolm came home from Malibu, he texted: call me when u get a chance

I did... he said "what do you think about Jimmy crashing with us for awhile?" 

😕 

I love Jimmy. But he's like a very rich, decadent dessert. The waiter brings it, you take a few bites, then it becomes too much. You stop eating and then the waiter takes it away. That's how I like Jimmy... a few bites at a time, then take him away.

I appreciated Malcolm calling me to "ask" me what I thought about it. But what he was really doing was telling me- Jimmy's gonna be here for awhile. I said ok... I mean we can always stay at my house and we have been more often now... I was really missing the dogs.

 I was really missing the dogs