Whats Wrong?

After eating lunch I ventured to the front door. I didn't want to go out without permission, but just to see what's there. Instead of a sky there is a light purple ceiling. There were walls on either side of the large room that was 'outside'.

But what caught my eye was the large barren tree in the middle of it. It was a shade of wood i had never seen on a tree before, I thought you had to paint it to get that color.

Its seems that Toriel saw me gazing wondrously out the crack in the door. " Would you like to go outside my child?" she questioned me. I didn't look away from the door as I nodded.

She seemed slightly worried and pulled me away from the door. I gave her a questioning look.

"There are some monsters who may attack you. If you are approached, stall them by talking until I can get there." I nodded once more, understanding what she was telling me. She smiled warmly at me then popped her head towards the kitchen, as if she just remembered something.

"Please hold on a moment. " she walked to the kitchen and shuffled around for a moment. She came after a moment with a phone. "If we are separated call me using this."

I was awed. I have never had a phone before, so I was surprised and confused. I gently cradled it in my hand, not wanting to break it.

"Are you sure its okay for me to have this?" I questioned her. She gave me that motherly look that said she was sure. I slightly hopped up and down. I gave her the biggest hug I could while still
cradling the phone.

She pat me on the head and let me go.

I quickly grabbed my shoes, they were slightly torn but they'd work. I tied them on and waited by the door for Toriel. She went to her room and grabbed a small bag.

She opened her front door and we stepped out. The tree was majestically sitting in the middle of the room. I walked around it and saw a door at the other end of the room. I decided to take a closer look. Toriel made sure to stay right behind me as I wondered.

Behind the door way there was the same pillars and purple walls as I had seen before.

It was pretty really.

"Now , my child, the RUINS are full of traps and puzzles, so stay close to me.

We walked through a few rooms and there were indeed puzzles. I actually fell down one, but a pile of leaves cushioned my fall.
When I was back up with Toriel we continued on. We found a spider bake sale and she bought me some spider cider. It sounded cool and was delicious!

Soon enough we had made it to a long bridge of spikes. I had seen spikes in other rooms but this seemed extensive.

"I think this is far enough..."
I said as I carefully eyed the spikes.Toriel nodded in agreement.

"It is getting quite late, we shall explore the rest later. Is that alright with you my child?" she asked me. I nodded and turned around to start heading back home.

When I was fully around I came face to face with a Froggit. I had seen a few with Toriel but this one surprised us both as everything when black. I know I
didn't pass out because I could still see.

As the Froggit stared at me expectantly. A small pressure was growing in my chest. It felt like something was pulling at it.

BUT NOTHING HAPPENED

Toriel stood between us.

THE FROGGIT RAN AWAY

I stood there confused at what just happened as everything turned back to normal. Toriel stood there just as confused as me.

"What was that..." I trailed off. I had already seen some other Froggits, but they didn't do... that.  I know Toriel said some monsters might attack me but that just didn't seem right.

"I do not understand what just happened... My child, would it be alright if I checked something when we get home?" She asked me. I looked at her.

"Why? I didn't get hit. Is something wrong?" I questioned her, tilting my head to the side. She looked away, avoiding eye contact.

"I do not know Gray, I do not know." We began to walk back through the puzzles. She even let me do a few of them. Luckily she labeled them.

When we were walking past a few monsters they eyed me strangely. Kinda like when kids at school would look at me like I...

Oh....

Hey sorry for the very short chapter. I am the worst. Sending more chapters your way soon just gotta deal with school and chores. Hope you enjoyed.