The Great and the Powerful

"SANS!" It's not that he was yelling, but more like that, his voice was just normally that loud.

"Sup bro?" Sans asked, keeping a casual smile on his face, sticking his hands into his pockets.

"YOU KNOW WHATS 'SUP' BROTHER! IT'S BEEN EIGHT DAYS AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T RECALIBRATED YOUR PUZZLES! WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING?" He questioned his brother.

"Staring at this lamp. It's really cool. Do you wanna see?" I peeked around the side of the post to see frisk had a panicked expression on their face, struggling to stay still in their position.

An irritated look grew on the larger skeletons face, as he responded, "NO!! I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT" He began to stomp one foot on the ground in frustration. "WHAT IF A HUMAN COMES THROUGH? I WANT TO BE READY!!! I WILL BE THE ONE! I MUST BE THE ONE! THEN I THE GREAT PAPYRUS," He turned and a breeze seemed to blow only on him as his scarf flew heroicly behind him. I silently facepalm myself for forgetting his name, they were fonts! How could I forget that! "WILL BE GIVEN ALL THE THINGS I UTTERLY DESERVE! RESPECT... RECOGNITION... ILL FINALLY BE ABLE TO JOIN THE ROYAL GUARD!" Papyrus seemed to get overjoyed at just the thought. "PEOPLE WILL ASK, TO BE MY, FRIEND! I WILL BATHE IN A SHOWER OF KISSES EVERY MORNING!"

Sans put his hand to his chin thoughtfully, I almost thought he would tell papyrus that would never happen before he got this goofy grin on his face. "Maybe this lamp will help you." Frisk wobbled a bit but managed to stay in their place. Papyrus' face dropped and he grew furious once again.

"SANS!! YOU ARE NOT HELPING!
YOU LAZY BONES! ALL YOU DO IS SIT AND BOONDOGGLE. YOU GET LAZIER AND LAZIER EVERY DAY!" I looked at him, confused by his choice of words.  Is that a word? That can't be a word.

"Hey, I've gotten a ton of work done today....

A skele-ton!" Sans turned and winked at an unknown thing, and and bud-dum-tsk was heard,  from where I do not know.  This in turn resulted in Papyrus stomping his foot on the ground over and over.  They were all distracted.  Frisk was paying attention to the brothers and the brothers were occupied with each other.  Looking behind the post,  I saw a tree that was crawling distance away.  I could make it over there without any of them noticing. It obviously wouldn't be long before their conversation was over,  and Frisk would be able to come out,  so I wanted to be gone by then.  I knew I couldn't go back to Tories,  at least not at the moment.  Papyrus would try and capture me,  Sans...  Would probably take a nap.  So far he seemed like the safest one to be around. I'd come back here later,  when Frisk was gone and looking for me.

Slowly,  I made my way to the back of the stand. I slipped on my hand and knocked over a... Ketchup bottle,  silently thanking Papyrus for yelling at Sans at that particular moment.  Taking the chance,  I skittered like a cockroach away from the post and to the tree. I honestly don't know how my body moved the way it did but I hurt my elbow while doing it,  so it wasn't happening again. I pulled my self up against the tree,  glad that the snow by the tree was powdery here so it didn't crunch.

Tree by tree,  I quietly made my way further from the road. When  I could no longer hear Papyrus' load voice I came out from behind the trees and looked around. It wasn't that hard to sneak away.  I feel bad for leaving Sans there,  but I was away from Frisk.

Grabbing a fallen tree branch I began walking parallel to the path,  using the branch to cover my foot prints that were left in the snow by dragging it behind me.  Before long I got to a small clearing.

Now that I knew that I was safe away from Frisk,  I began to acknowledge the freezing wind biting at my face and my now soaked pants and windbreaker, along with my shaking.  Looking ahead,  I realized that there was a figure in the clearing. Taking a closer look,  it could be seen that it was a... very muscular  snow skeleton. Next to it was a lump of snow labeled ,with red ink,  sans.

Looking to the side of the small clearing,  I saw a path.  Of course having nothing else to do,  I followed it. After walking around some puzzles and over a bridge,  I eventually came to a large sign. SNOWDIN.  I guess I made it to where the skeleton brothers live.

My feet were aching and I was tired and cold. I walked into a random building to just try and warm up a little. And when I walked in the door,  I realized it had been an inn. A bunny like person wants standing behind the reception with a bored expression on her face. After I stepped in she looked up to me.

"Checking in?" She asked,  one of her ears waving up and down in a catatonic way. I stuffed my hand in my pocket,  digging out what little G I had collected from the RUINS. I pulled out 15 G. Holding it out to show her,  she nodded and pulled a key out from under the desk. "That much can get ya a small room with a twin sized bed for one night. It'll be the third on the left upstairs.  Enjoy your stay!"

Smiling in response, I made my way to the stair case.  I'd be staying here for the night then. 

When I made it to the room, I Locked the door behind me, ready to rest from my long day.  Though as the events played over in my head,  I couldn't help the tears that came to my eyes.

Hi.  Another chapter. I had free time in a lot of my classes today so I worked on the chapter when I could,  and I had subs so easy bookwork. Hope you enjoyed,  please vote.  Or not.  I actually don't care.

Bye.