Finding friends

We were crouched is tall grass, it covering us completly without us doing so. But we felt we might get caught if we didnt do so. So here we were, waiting patiently for monster kids hero. He had said that she meets Papyrus, or in M.K.s word, "Taller skele-dude", here sometimes.

A small breeze pushed through the grass, warming my skin. It felt like the breeze you would feel right before a big storm. I relished in the peace, enjoying the air that filled my lungs.

All the sudden that peace was shattered as some grass fell over near the edge of the small patch, i covered monster kids mouth and peeked through some of the tall grass, seeing Frisk fallen on their back form tripping.

Uncovering M.K.s mouth, I held a finger up to my mouth, indicating to remain silent. We were about to shuffle the oppistite direction as Frisk, but we froze at the loud voice echoing from the ledge above.

"UNDYNE! HOW ARE YOU TODAY?" It was the unforgetable voice of Papyrus. They must have walked up when we were distracted. Monster kid and I shared a glance, forgetting Frisk was there for a moment and looked up to the ledge where we could see the silhouettes of two monsters. I could see Papyrus' scarf blowing behind him with the cool breeze, and another figure in fullout armor. I assumed it was undyne with how MonsterKids eyes lit up like a kid on christmas.

Undyne must have said something, but her voice was not as loud as Papyrus', so we couldnt hear her.

"I-I'M HERE WITH MY DAILY REPORT!.... DID I F-FIGHT THEM? I FOUGHT THEM VALIANTLY!... DID I CATCH THEM?... WELL, NO... B-BUT..."
I ingnored the rest of the conversation, if that was the head of the royal guard and a soon too be royal guardsmen, I had to get the hickety heck out of there.

While monster kid was distracted by his hero, I began to crawl through the grass, careful not to move it to much. Of course I felt bad for leaving him, but he wouldn't be killed if she caught him. I had actually made it all the way around where Frisk was before I slipped on my hands and plunged the grass around me with my falling body. By then Papyrus was gone and Undyne had heard me, jumped down to what we were, and began to look through the grass for those who dwell in it.

The armored monster had actually looked right past me, even though I was right in front of her. Just a little to her right. Looking closer while she paused, I could see a clothe in the little slits of her helmet. Not wanting to draw her attention, I held completely still as she picked up monster kid by the head, set him down, and walked away seemingly frusterated.

Though when she was completly gone, MonsterKid and Frisk walked out of the patch of grass on the other side. Monster Kid seemed confused for a moment, but shrugged it off as he began to rant about how cool that was.

After stating that he was gonna wait there to meet up with a friend, Frisk offered to stay a few minutes. So I ventured the oppisite direction to busy my self while we wait for them to leave. Eventually I found the enterance to the cave system and could feel the soft breeze from Snowdin.

I stopped there, not wanting to venture into the cold once more. Leaning against the side, I hummed Toriels luluby while waiting for Frisk to leave MK alone, but soon I found someone elses humming was over lapping mine. Stopping, I looked around and saw that Papyrus was making his way back, done with his meeting. I looked around, but there was no where to hide, the snow was a large clearing, and the cavern had no rocks to hide behond surprisingly.

"OH HELLO THERE! I AM THE GREAT PAPYRUS? ARE YOU NEW AROUND HERE?" I was to late, while looking for a place to hide he came right up behind me. Oops. Better roll with it.

"Yeah... New around here. Im from the RUINS. I.... Thats a cool costume!" I tried to distract him. I wasnt exactly lying when I said I was from the RUINS. I was. And Sans was always saying how cool his brother was, so I figured I could feed his ego to get out of the situation. And it worked, if but for a moment.