Alphys' Lab

Its funny how I was just thinking about running, and now I was practically flying. Rush of wind through my hair, holding on for dear life as Undyne dashed through waterfall in one continuous NYAH. Which I wondered how it didn't damage her lungs, but she did seem to be in good shape and unaffected by it.

She knew where she was going, each step imprinted in her mind. She lept across creeks, rushed through waterfalls, and only tripped once by a crumbling statue. But soon enough we reached a bridge where she put me down so we could walk across. Must be to dangerous to run then.

"So, what are we doing in HOTLAND?" I asked, brushing my hair out of my face. Even if I didn't run, I still felt winded and out of breathe. Undyne, breathing hard and begining to sweat, looked and me, having to turn her head to do so, as I was on the side of her eye patch. She looked like a pirate that just walked the plank, as our clothes were still wet from the waterfalls. But just as I thought that, the water from my clothes evaporated, along with Undynes, and I began to fan my self off, and remove my wind breaker from my self to tie it around my waist.

"Well," she began, you said you haven't seen Anime in a long time. And I think its important for a.... Human to know about its own history." I looked at her quizically as she made her way off the end of the bridge and to a conveniently placed water cooler. Chugging cup after small cup. I wanted to say something about her using the same cup more than once. But stopped when her already discarded cups evaporated. We walked past gaurds who saluted Undyne, I almost forgot she was head of the Royal Gaurd. She could have taken me straight to Asgore, or as my mother called him in the only two times she mentioned him, the plain bastard. So , slightly unsettled by my slip of mind, we arrived in front of a clearly advanced lab, complete with automatic doors, tinted and covered in protective metals, multiple different layers of building, some rooms obviously added last second. One room near the top, riminding me of a tower from a fairy tale. But instead of a tower like roof it was like a modern house type thing.

Undyne pulled out a key card, and swiped infornt of a key pad. The doors slid open as she took me hand and condidently made her way inside. Where a large lobby was found.

"Hey Undyne." A whimpson said from a front desk, bearing a lab coat while writing something down on a clip board.
Undyne glanced down and me, as though to check I hadn't fallen out of existence. I assumed she had to come here often for a monster to recongnize her just by the energy off her soul. And i knew that was how he recongnized her, because despite her loud persanality and normally bounding footsteps, on the nice tile you couldnt here a single thing. It was almost like it was padded. Which confused me because all other tile floors like this on the surface echoed and left an erie feel. Like from scary movies about hospitals.

"Hey, just heading up to see Alphys", Undyne said as she kept an uneasy pace past the desk, the whimpson not looking up. Undyne had not mentioned me, which off put me but i did nothing to object. We traveled through hall after hall until we seemed to reach a study.

"I thought we were going to see Alphys to watch anime. Why are we in a office?" I asked through a shaky breathe while running my hand through my hair, sweat sliding down my forehead. You'd think there'd be air conditioning but so far it either didnt exist or it was just off.
I looked expectanly at Undyne as she smirked and moved behind the desk. She stuck her hand under the desk, having to stoop considerably low to do so, and clicked a button.

Suddenly, the wall behind the desk opened and revealed an elevator. I smiled and ran into it, and Undyne smirked as she followed.

The elevator took us up only what I could assume to be the tower I saw outside. And when we reached the top I realized that I was right as there was a large glass window looking over the sea of lava and the expansive lab. Adverting my eyes i looked over to what seemed to be a modern apartment. Not quite what I'm used to. I walk futher into the space in awe and spin around to get the full view of the living room and connected kitchen. Three fridges lined the wall in the kitchen, and the living room had ramem cups scattered, but all the little details that left the hardly lit room feeling like a home.

"O-Oh god. W-w-w-"

"Alphys! Hey! I brought this kid over. She hasnt seen anime in YEARS. WE HAVE AN IMPROTANT MISSION TO FIX THAT. THIS CHILD DESERVES TO KNOW ABOUT HER KIND!"

I looked over when a swish of an automatic door made its way into my ear. In front of me was a short, but still taller than me, dragon lizard like monster with yellow scales glistening off the light from the lava, and she had on gray sweat pants and a pink... Mew-Mew Kissy Cutie shirt that had long sleeves that covered nost of her hands. Her bottom lip was slightly quaking at the sight of me. Undyne slowly came in, took my hand, and walked me to Alphys' side.

She took a half step back as undyne sqauted to meet both our eye levels. "Uhhhh... the kid is nice. Funny! And is anime deprived!" Alphys stood confused, glancing between me and Undyne.

"W-w-w-here a-are her h-her h-h-her-"
"There's no time for that! I know, she's weird."
"Gee thanks." I mumbled sarcastically.

"But look past that, look at her, and she's smart as hell!" Undyne gripped Alphys shoulder reassuringly. "And needs to see  Mew-Mew Kissy Cutie!"

We stood there for a second before Undyne got up and raced to a tv. Still not used to dealing with strangers, but not to bad at it either, I shyly stuck out my hand.

"Sorry about that. I guess Undyne can be overwhelming sometimes. I..."

"U-um, it's okay. I understand how she can be. But t-thats W-w-w we love her h-huh?" She stuttered and hesitantly gave me her hand shaking it. She was scared, bit clearly jt judgmental. I could see that she probably wished for the favor to be returned, but why? Though it ate at my brain, I wouldn't dig, as I wasn't a pretentious snoop like someone I used to know. We chatted lightly on our way to the large round couch, as Undyne pulled out a cd, asking which we would perfer, Mew-Mew Kissy Cutie or Mew-Mew Kissy Cutie 2. And apparently Alphys is very passionate about her anime.

Okay, we good?  We good. Sorry for the lack of updates,  but I have n good excuse. Well maybe one. I got a dog named Tater Tot and she is just so precious. Legit doesn't want me on my phone, as she climbs ON MY FACE whenever I pull it out. No joke.

But I love her to death

But I love her to death. And I was hanging out with 3goodfriends yesterday, we went to the planetarium,  best day ever! Thanks again hun! But I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and don't be mad about the lab! Trust me, it needs to be like this for future chapters! Whenever I get there..... oh, and one more thing. Do your homework. Or I'll send a angry goat mom after you.
-Mental breakdown out!!!