Everyone Else...

I love this song!!! I can't stop listening to it!

Toriel and I made our way back to her house, I couldn't stop thinking about what those kids said. Maybe they were right.

Flash back (four years ago)...
I was cornered by three kids who had the same class as me. I was terrified because I could see they did not want to be my friend.

In the orphanage I lived in we were separated into classes, but stuck in dorms wherever we could fit. They tugged on my short red hair and laughed as I squirmed.

"Is the baby gonna cry?"
"How can she cry? Its not like she can feel anything. Without a soul shes pretty much a vegetable who does math."
"No, no, you got it wrong. She may not have a soul but she can take them. Look! One, two, three! Freckles. That's how many souls she took."
"Maybe its her old family. She killed them and took their souls! That's why she's here." they all sneered. They threw me to the ground and laughed as they walked away.

I stared at their feet as another came. "Great" I thought, thinking they would bug me to. I stared at the sneakers of the thirteen year old as they bend down to my height to look me over.

"You okay?" They asked.

Flask back over(i suck at this)

I shook my head as we came to the big tree. Toriel looked at me with worried eyes and took my hand.

"What troubles you, my child?" she asked as she took my hands into hers. I avoided looking at her and instead looked at the gracious tree, standing majestically in the middle of the room.

"What was the Froggit waiting for? It was staring at me a if it expected something." I looked at her hopefully, praying I did nothing wrong. She just looked at me with caring eyes.

"Come child, I must show you something." we entered her house and she lead me to her large chair. I waited by it as she pulled something out of her lar: book shelf. It had at least a hundred books on it, some being squished right next to each other to fit.

She sat on her chair and pulled me up into her lap, as if she had done multiple times to read a small child a bedtime story. With me in her lap and arms making sure I don't fall, I felt oddly comfortable in her arms. It makes sense , though. She is very motherly.

Toriel opened the book and began to read to me, " When a human is entered into a battle with a monster, whether it be a Boss monster or common, the humans soul will be exposed, and the human will make the first move. The human will have the choice of ACTING, using an ITEM, giving MERCY, or FIGHTING." She looked down at me to make sure I was following along.

"Why didn't my soul get exposed then?" I asked with tears brimming in my eyes. She looked down at me sadly and brushed some of my long bangs out of my face.

"I don't quite know." she responded. I looked down into my lap. Of course.  I knew it. " During the Monster and human war, the humans locked us monsters underground with a seal, and they need seven human souls to break the barrier. That's why some monsters may attack you."

"Oh.." I said, lying my head on her chest feeling drowsy. I thought for a moment. "Ms. Toriel, are you gonna make me leave?"

She looked at me if I had just asked if she would kill me then and there. "Of course not Grayson, why would I make you leave."

" 'Cus everyone else did...." I muttered to myself more than her. She hugged me in response.

"I am not everyone else."
We sat there for a while before it began to get late, well at least I think it was getting late. It was hard to tell. Before I new it Toriel began to pick me up.

"I believe its time for bed, would you like a bedtime story, Grayson?" she asked me. I just nodded tiredly as she turned off the lights and carried me to bed. She tucked me in and told me a story about a tree, I coul dn't really tell, I was mostly asleep by then. She kissed my forehead goodnight and left the room.

Before I fell completely asleep though, i could have sworn I heard a dark, childish, but demonic laugh. I slept with no dreams.

...................... A few days later........

Toriel had began to teach me. She was really excited about it. She was teaching me about the history of monsters right now, so I wasn't confused 'during my time in the underground'. We had taken a break every day when we heard two faint knocks.

The strangers knock knock jokes were probably my favorite part of the day.  Toriel laughed at all of them.  And when it was her turn he laughed as well.I didn't know many so I didn't hop in to much, but laughed none the less.

But the thing that bugged me was every night when Toriel would tuck me in, as soon as the door closed I'd hear the strange laughter. It was unsettling but I soon got used to it. Maybe its a ghost. I don't know, but there are monsters all around, so it wouldn't surprise me. But one thought went through my head as I heard it once more that night as I drifted to sleep. "Maybe I could be friends with you..." the laughter abruptly stopped when I said that out load, but was back the next day, so I didn't worry to much. Other than the creepy laughter echoing in my dreams, I was happy with how things were going. It was almost.... normal.

YAY!!!! I finished another chapter. And its only five minutes to midnight. Wow i need sleep. Welp I hope you enjoyed and just a heads up, that Im not going into a lot of detail for the Toriel teaching Grayson and all that. So Im going to bed now. BYE.

-Neko chan