Chapter 12- Problems in Paradise

Chapter 12

'Hello beautiful,' said the rapist.

Something was off about him. Besides his clothing, which were in far better condition than I had ever seen him in, there was something else there.

He leaned in to whisper to me, 'I've been lonely without you.'

His breath reeked of garlic. Wait. Garlic? I didn't even smell an ounce of alcohol on him. He wasn't intoxicated like the days of my imprisonment in his home. Well I guess prison did some good for him. But that brought me back to my previous question. How did he get out only after 3 years? The officer told me he would be there at least 5 years. More than enough time for me to be safe from this place.

'How are you here?' I asked quietly, my voice trembling.

'I took the train, of course,' he said chuckling, as if he had no idea of my true meaning, and I asked him a stupid question.

Harry and the gang apparently didn't know who this guy was, but knew I was freaked by his presence. But Zayn looked suspicious. Did he know that this was the rapist I told him about a few days ago?

'You know what I mean,' I snapped, feeling a bit more sure of myself. We were in a public place. He wouldn't try anything. Right? And I had 5 strong guys to back me up. Not that I wanted them to become a part of this, but it was nice to know you had some backup. And I couldn't forget that Lisa and I were black belts, so I wasn't completely defenseless.

'Hmm. I'm guessing you mean prison, then? That's quite a long story. How about you come back to my place and we can talk,' he said with a wink.

By the way Harry looked puzzled and angered, he either was lost by the conversation and angry about what the guy was offering, or just didn't hear what the guy was saying, and was angered by that. But I figured it was the former because Zayn, who was behind Harry, strode forward to the guy and said, 'How about you make this story short.'

The guy laughed at Zayn's anger. 'Oh, boyfriend defending your pride? Does he know what happened to you?' he said, grinning at me.

'He's not my boyfriend, first off. He's just my friend. Second, he does know. Third, Zayn would beat your ass if it came to it,' I said angrily.

'So you're single?' he asked, eying me even more intensely. A shiver ran through me, and Harry pulled me to him.

'She's MY girlfriend, so it would be a pleasure for me to defend her if it means beating you up,' Harry said, his voice dropping as anger filled it.

'Huh. Big hair over here seemed more like the boyfriend. Seeing as he reacted first,' the guy said thoughtfully, indicating Zayn.

Harry's grip on my shoulders tightened. Before he could say something else, the guy continued.

'So if you ever want to know how I got to be free from that boring cell, just stop by. I'm living in the same place,' he said, with yet another wink to me, and a smirk to Harry.

'If you even lay one finger on her, EVER, I will have all of my security plus all the police in this area to get you and have you locked up for life,' Zayn nearly growled at the guy.

His voice was so menacing that I got scared. The guy apparently did too, because he took a step back, but tried to hide his fear under a smirk.

'I doubt that very much. And I was just looking to talk. A pretty lady to talk to is a plus,' he said.

'Well, find someone else to talk to,' Zayn snapped.

The guy held his hands up in a surrendering motion and began to walk past my group, but he stopped to whisper to Harry. He obviously only wanted Harry to hear, but I was close enough to catch it also.