Chapter 38- Settling In

*Harry's POV*

We board onto the plane. We have our own private jet, so I'm very comfortable. But I'm also bored. Katherine is in an animate conversation with Zayn about the night they had yesterday. They are sitting a couple of rows behind me. I immediately zone out, not wanting to know anything about how romantic he was, or anything.

I look around the cabin as we lift off. Niall and Lisa are whispering to each other, Liam is reading a book, and Louis is on his phone. I guess I'm watching the Telly throughout this ride.

Katherine laughs. My heart clenches. I miss making her laugh like that. And I bet Zayn just told her some funny joke or mentioned something from yesterday. Maybe I should've gone. Then I could've made sure nothing went on between Katherine and Zayn.

I originally wanted to go. But when Niall mentioned Zayn would be coming, I said I still had packing that I should actually finish. I think Niall was too excited to go bowling to worry about the possibility that I was lying. I mean I only changed my mind after I found out Zayn would be there.

As the two continued to talk, I focused more and more on the Telly. I didn't even notice when someone sat next to me.

'Harry. You look constipated staring at the tv,' Katherine says smiling at me.

'Yeah, it's a good show. Gotta focus on it,' I say smiling back.

'Really? It's a commercial for cat food. Are you interested in that?' She asks her smiling widening.

I blush. I sound crazy now. 'Well you know how I am about pussy cats. Thought that maybe I should try to become one.'

She lets out one of her infectious laughs and I can't help but to laugh along with her. I like this.

'But I seriously came over here cause you looked seriously bored,' she says smiling.

'What about Zayn?' I ask, feeling somewhat smug that she left Zayn for me.

'He's asleep. I don't know why, seeing as we didn't even come that late and he slept in.'

Of course. She came because she lost entertainment with him.

'So that's why you came here? Because you lost Zayn as a companion,' I say a bit too bitterly.

She sounds hurt when she replies. 'No. I came here to talk to you. I can't talk to my friends? Cause if this is a problem I can easily go back there and read my book like I originally planned on doing.'

'No, I'm sorry Kat. Please stay. Cat food doesn't compare to you,' I say trying to make her smile.

She sends me a small smile. Better than nothing.

'So how was bowling?' I ask.

'Awesome,' she replies grinning widely, over my stupid comment. 'Zayn and I went against Niall and Lisa and we won! Niall demanded a rematch and then they won. But still. Zayn and I won first!'

I laugh. She sounds like a child!

'You should've come. It was so fun,' she says to me.

'I'm sorry. I had packing to do,' I say, feeling horrible about lying to her.

'I know. But it was great,' she says smiling ruefully at me.

I bet it was. I wanted to ask her what was going on between her and Zayn, but thought better of it. She would know I was jealous of how close she was getting to Zayn.

So instead I say, 'So are you excited to be in Watford?'

She nods her head grinning widely. 'I've never been out of the US.'