Chapter 41- Happily Ever After

*Katherine's POV*

I take a deep breath.

'Zayn,' I begin, and pause.

I look at Harry and he looks so heart-broken. I rush to complete my sentence.

'Zayn, I love you, but I realized that I'm not in love with you. I'm sorry,' I say.

He takes one heart-broken look at me and goes back into the bus. Awh Zayn.

'Harry, I know you have something with Ashley. And I'm not trying to take her from you. I just wanted you two to know the truth,' I say.

I start to walk back to the bus when Harry calls out to me.

'Katherine. Wait,' he says.

I turn around. I'm near to tears, because I lost Harry to some girl who hates my guts.

'Yes?'

'I love you. I never stopped. Ashley is nothing,' he says.

'Really?' I say, my tears drying and my heart thumping faster.

'Yes. I got jealous of you and Zayn so I thought that getting with a girl would somehow help me. I honestly thought you were going to pick Zayn. So when you said his name and paused, I figured I had lost you,' he says walking up to me.

I had no idea what to say. I was planning on Harry not wanting me. That was part of the reason I was surprised that I wanted Harry. I mean Zayn was there for me. He wasn't getting with other girls.

But when he said at the lake he would still love me if I choose Harry, something was off. He seemed like he would be miffed at me for choosing Harry over him. And I knew that Zayn may love me, but he wasn't in love with me. Harry truly would still love me if I chose Zayn.

Even though I figured Harry didn't want me, I had to tell Zayn and him the truth. I would rather be single then lying to myself about my feelings.

'Oh Harry,' I say and hug him.

He lifts my head and kisses me deeply. I missed him so much. It's like I was on a Harry withdrawal.

I pulled myself as close to him as possible. When Zayn kissed me, it wasn't anywhere near the power Harry had over me. I was stupid to think Zayn was the one.

We pull away and I lean my head against his chest. This felt so right. But I knew I had to deal with Zayn, because I'm sure he was hurt. But for right now I would appreciate this moment. I had my Harry back.

*Zayn's POV*

She picked him. She actually picked him. After he got with that girl! I was so angry. Why did Harry get Katherine? She's perfect. So Harry gets her.

I was certain she would pick me. So when she said "Zayn" I was so happy and joy-filled. But she was just getting ready to break my heart.

I was currently lying in my bed, no one else in the room. Good. I needed my alone time.

I couldn't wrap my mind around Katherine choosing Harry over me. I was always there for her, always supporting her even when Harry was being a jerk.

'Zayn? Can I speak to you?' Katherine asks.

Do I want to talk to her? 'Sure.'

'I'm sorry about picking Harry. Well not sorry, but you know what I mean. I didn't mean to hurt you,' she says.

'Okay,' I say, not feeling much like talking.

'Zayn, don't just give those one-word responses,' she says sounding hurt.

Well I was hurt too. She broke my heart.

'I just don't feel much like talking. Can we do this another time?' I ask sighing.

'Okay,' Katherine whispers and leaves.

I feel horrible.

*Harry's POV*

I was planning the perfect date for Katherine. I missed calling her mine so much I wanted to dote upon her.

I remembered how we didn't get to do that walk I planned on her birthday...great. I had a plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Come on! It'll be fun!' I say trying to convince Katherine to go on the walk with me.

'Harry! We have to be at the stadium in an hour!' she says, tugging me towards the stadium.

'An hour's all I need!' I say.

'Ugh. If we're late, it's all on you,' she warns.

'Kay!' I say and pull her towards the path.

She giggles and rolls her eyes. We were at London now, almost done with the European leg of the tour. Katherine has been gaining more and more fans as we pass through each city. At this point, she was almost as loved as the boys and I were. She was a major hit in the UK.

I grab her hand and swing it as we walk. The breeze plays with our hair and I can't remember a time when I was happier.

'Where are you taking me?' she asks.

'Somewhere,' I say mysteriously.

Katherine sighs. 'Thanks for telling me.'

'No problem,' I grin at her cheekily.

We walk for a few more minutes and then we reach the pasture.

'Whoah. Animals,' Katherine says looking at the cows and horses grazing on the green grass.

I head over to one of the trees at the edge of the expanse. I reach behind it and pull out the basket I packed.

Katherine is staring at a mare that's eating the grass about a foot away from her. She isn't moving and is staring at it.

I take a picture of her watching it. It comes out really nice, the moonlight shining on her.

I tug at her and the horse moves away. I lay down the blanket and we sit. I made her her favorite sandwich, salami, ham, and cheese.

'This is some farmer's ranch. I stumbled upon it a few years ago, and I had to bring you here,' I explain.

'It's beautiful,' she says.

We eat in silence as we watch the animals. I can tell she is loving this. When we finish, I make a signal to my surprise guests.

The boys begin singing "You Are So Beautiful." Katherine looks at them and then back at me.

'Harry,' she breathes.

'Katherine, I know I was horrible to you before, but I hoped this date could just bring me a little leniency. And I have a gift for you,' I say.

I take out the little box that has a matching set of earrings, bracelet, and earrings. When I open it, she covers her mouth.

'They're gorgeous,' she says, tearing up.

I close the box and hand it to her.

She takes it and throws her arms around me. She presses her lips against me and I pull her to me.

'Harry, I don't know what I did to deserve to you, but I'm glad I have you,' she says staring at the ground.

Was she getting shy?

'Katherine, look into my eyes,' I say.

She slowly raises her head, and looks into my eyes.

'I love you,' I say, and I kiss her.

She was finally all mine.

*****************

Did I make you guys think yesterday she picked Zayn ;) aha I'm horrible. Well that's the last chapter, and the Epilogue+Summary for Boys, Booze, and Rebellion will be up tomorrow!

Thanks you all for reading this and I hoped this story was what you wanted :) I'm honestly so excited to have written my first story on Wattpad! I hope you guys will read my next story when I start uploading in a couple of weeks :)

Courtney xx