Chapter 23- Hide and Seek

*Katherine's POV*

'We'll scan this card for finger prints and call you in for the results, okay?' asked the police officer in a gruff voice.

Harry and I nodded and we walked towards the exit. As we did so, the officer called out in a softer tone, 'And you boy, watch over your girl. You don't want anything happening to her.'

I positively blushed a deep shade of red. Did we really look like that much of a couple?

Harry grinned at me and laughed.

'I see you still blush like a tomato?'

'Harry, it's been a couple of weeks, not years,' I said rolling my eyes.

'Still, you could have changed,' he shrugged.

I rolled my eyes and wondered what we should do. Liam and the girls were in the park, and I figured they were having fun. I didn't want to interrupt. But walking home would take a while, and I knew Harry would want to walk me...

I texted Lisa how far the park was. Hopefully it wasn't that far, and Harry and I could just get there quickly.

She replied it was a few blocks north, so I asked Harry if he was up to meeting them there.

'Sure. I love parks!' he exclaimed like a little kid.

'I see you're still as childish as before,' I said as we began walking. Slowly, may I add.

'Its been weeks Katherine, not years,' he taunted back at me.

I answered with my signature eye roll.

'You're eyes are going to get stuck the next time you do that,' he said smirking.

'Will not.'

'Will to.'

'Will not.'

'Will to.'

'Will not and that's final!' I said.

'Whatever you say love.'

A shiver ran through me as he said that. I ignored it.

We were approaching a corner when I caught sight of an ice cream parlor. Harry kept eyeing it, and I knew he wanted some.

I sighed, crossed the street, and waited for him to follow.

'I know you want some. Let's just make a quick stop,' I said.

He grinned possibly the biggest smile, his dimples flashing. A fluttery feeling spread through my chest. I had to stop feeling this way or this friendship plan wouldn't work.

I ordered a vanilla and Harry got white chocolate. We continued to walk as we licked at our ice cream. Silence enveloped us, but it was comfortable. Before we knew it, we were at the park the crew was at. Who knew time would fly when I was with a friend.

'You want him as more than a friend, love,' something voiced to me in my head. It sounded suspiciously like Louis. Now I'm hearing voices. Lovely.

I could find anyone. Harry and I looked everywhere and they were no where to be found. The only part left was the tree expanse...

'Do you think they all hid in the trees?' I asked.

'Maybe. Hold on.'

He pulled out his cell and called someone. We heard a faint ringing and raced towards the trees. As we got nearer, the ringing got louder and we found Liam, several branches up.

He smiled impishly at us and swung down.

'Where are Lisa and Olivia?' I asked, cutting to the chase.